The Sports Page

maisie

I have enjoyed reading everyone's posts on how they have done this past season.  Has anyone  noticed the sports page at the Democrat and Chronicle? I only read the outdoors page.  On opening day of bow season there was an article on how women run thru Harriet Hollister park in the yoga clothes and yesterday there was an article on people  running thru the city streets?  I don't like to be critical but it seems like the writer might have missed the mark on this.  I do miss the days with Floyd King would write about nature etc. which is what outdoors is.  So, time does march on, and attitudes change giving rise to another reason for me not to read the sports page.  

Blows is an understatement! Its Pitiful and I wouldn't use it for a fire starter. I haven't subscribed in the last 3 years. They can't even pull in the driveway anymore. They just dump it at the end of the driveway. Then at Xmas they give you an envelope for a tip......sure.

silverfoxcharters.net

That paper isn't fit for the bottom of bird cages. Most of the reports are old and outdated and Roth is absolutely useless as an outdoor writer.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I've been tempted to give up the D&C and get the Buffalo News. Much better all around. Especially the Sports/Outdoors section. Somebody posted on the LOU a couple months ago that the Buffalo paper told how Avon DEC was cancelling the Sportsman Day. Nowhere in the D&C. Leo Roth was much better than what we have now.