LOU walleye get together

• 3 weeks later...

Otisco Lake Challenge update...

I have been out a lot and have info for anyone fishing this weekend if you want it pm me and I'll share exactly what I've been up to!

Menu change to pulled pork instead of burgers and dogs.

Clarification

I do not care whether you release or keep any fish for scoring...I just don't want to force people either way...I just wanted a format that didn't force people to keep fish they would normally release.

There is still room for anyone looking for a real challenge!

The way fish are held now adays you just can't tell.  It still is bigger than any I have taken this year here in Pa.  I have fished Otisco a lot in the past, both through the ice and from boats.  Was hoping to go to this event but buddy just lost interest in traveling over two hours.  Good luck everyone and keep posting.....jk

Great pic! And they sure were chewing!

So Landshark was the winner by a landslide! He was the only boat to complete the challenge.

His fish were

42 inch tiger (only landed tiger)

25 inch walleye

16 inch smallie

13 inch brown

75pts

Nice job bud!

Biggest eye was Wayne's 27

Biggest smb JGS' 20

6 boats 42 walleye landed this weekend!

Nice work everyone! I had a great time seeing everyone.

Good going Landshark! Nice to meet you, and others. Had a great time fishing mostly Sunday with Justin, thanks for having me. Some great food too with the BBQ bacon walleye and Wayne's pulled pork. :yes:

Good food and good fishing, could only have been better if I were there all weekend.

What a great time this event was. Kudos to Justin and Tracy for their hospitality. It was a pleasure to meet some of you. Unfortunately my work schedule didn't allow me to hang around and catch-up and I missed out on all the amazing food.

I got there Saturday 8am with the hopes of getting a walleye to start. 20 min into my troll aboard fired and not until I took the board off did I realize it wasn't an eye. 20 minutes or so later I landed the tiger. I spent the next 29 minutes trying to revive it into the water. At one point I thought it was going to go but it eventually came back up. I made my best effort to release the fish but I wasn't going to leave a dead fish out there floating around so I circled back around and brought it back on board. Although I feel awful, the fish will be table fare. That is all I fishes Saturday. I spent the rest of the day pleasure boating with the wife and dog. I got back on the lake Sunday @4am. My plan was to get a walleye and the bite was on. I was alone and landed 9 by sun up. So my plan was to downsize baits and troll up a smallie as soon as the sun appeared. The smallie cooperated. I then picked my gear and went to two riggers and a dipsey in search of a brown. 10 min later I brought a monster 12 1/4 inch to the boat. Lol. I trolled for a couple more hours til 9:30 and tries to upgrade the brown. I did take four more but they were all 12-14 inches. Thanks again to all.

IMG_20160723_105509582_zpszu7aahhu.jpg

Edited by Landshark