Legacy- 2016 Deer Season

Legacy

2 1/2yr old for sure I didn't measure him likely won't be 120" rough quick guess from stand before I looked at pictures.. but glad to see you are good enough to nail it down to 109-112"

2 or 3 more years huh? So you only shoot 4 1/2 or 5 1/2 yr old deer god bless you, how many 5 1/2 yr old buck you killed in NY?

I will let you know when I find one hehe. Been on a bender lately, putting my bow tags on scrub bucks the last three years. I have been enjoying the young venison immensely. I need a twelve step intervention program to get me back on track with shooting mature deer. Maybe when the kids head off to college I will have the time to devote again.

Sitting in 8A looking for doe. It kinda sucks not being in our "rut" stands, but I figure I should leave them alone for the two guys who hunt with me. Plus, you never know. The wind is right where I'm perched.

5 more doe just came to the pond, pissing all over! Next thing ya know 9 point joined in on the fun grunting like crazy! Another 2.5 gets a free pass!

attachicon.gif20161104_155645attachicon.gif20161104_155639[/quote

You've seen more deer tonight than I've seen my whole season. Great for you keep the pics coming

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

This buck got the blood pumping tonight. Too bad he's just a 2.5 bruiser. 4 broken points including both main beams. He also had three puncture wounds from fighting. One on his back, one on his side and one on his neck. Someday he'll be champ!

Sent from my E6782 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-139598-1478301493168_thumb.jpg

Ain't it great being in the middle of the rut! You just never know. Boom or bust. Glad you got set up near a hot doe Matt. 

I didn't end up having any bucks around me last night, but at 5:15 a mature doe gave me an easy 20 yard shot. I was hunting up front where I could get her out without disturbing the rest of the property, and she helped me by falling very near where we normally gut our deer in the corner of one of the fields. At first I was concerned because the arrow looked like it had schmeg on it and I thought maybe I hit her too far back, even though the shot looked fine on impact. I didn't have a good blood trail, either. As it turned out, it was a liver shot and she bled out internally. I'm not sure why the arrow made me think gut, but all was good.

Back at it this morning to try to get a friend into some action with his crossbow.

Edited by Gator