Pro Am prefishing derby????????

At the oswego tourny we were asked for input on what changes might make each tourney better . I dont know if it would make them better but if there was AM and a Pro prefish derby seperate more amatures might be interested .I know im a whiner ,but when a boat with more electronics on board than the average Best Buy electronic store.and fish there home port nearly every day i dont feel like i have much of a chance on my little aluminum can with a 500.00 fishfinder and 20 year old tackle.I know fishing can be a game of luck but for the above reasons i feel a little out gunned .I know time and manpower is a issue but if its doable and enuf people respond maybe???????heck the award ceromony (prefish) could happen at the same time,as far as that goes the pro am awards could happen at the same time ,10th place Ams,10th place Pros,9th Ams ,9th place Pros ect, ect,alternating between 2 mics or anouncers might get every one home sooner keeping a bigger crowd till the end ,just a thought. Ray K. ............LOOK OUT Sodus Buffy's and team L.O.U.S.E.R.S. is comming your way this week.

I see 4 am teams in the top 10 of the pre fish derby on Friday. 3 fish is 3 fish cant get any easier. Makes it a very level playing field. In fact I worry more about the am teams because there programs are tweaked to big fish and not just numbers like the pros are looking for.

See everyone in Sodus and the Captain Jacks Shootout on Friday. We will be Docked at Capt. Jacks all week stop over and say hello.

Capt. Brian

Team Tall Tails

As was mentioned by Rob we will certainly look at any and all input, thank you to all who attended our pre-fish event. These ideas will all get a mention and see what next season brings. If you have an idea please mention it.

Tom

Exactly! And I was one of them I think. Did you guys go Trout fishing?

Yes, after pre-fishing on Friday and finding very few salmon arches in the waters I normally fish, we decided the brown bite was our best chance. Luckily Ray made the decision and Jason and I stuck with him on it. Sunday was a harder bite for us because the cat was out of the bag, and everyone and his brother were fishing the waters we fished on Sat. Oh well, 4th is better than nothing and hopefully we can beat our 6th place finish in Sodus last year this weekend. Good luck & looking forward to seeing you up there. ;)

Dont listen to munchybob i mean muskybob the only arches he gets fish at are golden ones,you outscored us but with the added rain i was content to try to stay dry rather than change lures. may of cost us a few thousand bucks hmmm maybe a good rainsuit would pay for itsself.

Ray, I wondered where that kid...I mean fishfinder went with his mask and snorkel...you pay him $500? that runt will probably jump ship again for another increase in pay soon as everyone fiqures out how good he is...boy it's hard to run my boat now all by myself going up and looking down in the water..takin' off the mask and runnin' back to steer and grab rods...he sure was worth the 20 bucks I paid him :lol: :lol: . Good job on the fishin' hell with the raincoat...just buffy it. :$

Mark

I know where your coming from Ray, but most Am teams have just as good of a chance as the Pro teams. It's only 3 fish....just gotta put a couple big boys in the box and your in the game. One thing I'd do different is to hand out the awards before the captains meeting instead of after.

Btw....how bout a little thanks for me telling you guys where the fish were. Had I not told you to head east to the red barn.....could have been a whole different outcome for you :lol:;)

Good meeting you guys though....see ya in Sodus.

Don't listen to Ray....It was all me :lol::lol::lol:

When I told him to head east out of Oswego Harbor towards Olcott and set up in front of the red barn, he knew I was talking in code ;)

See ya guys out there!

how about a pre blast off box check? (no observers on board forshoot-out) Maybe I am the only one who feels like i might have been taken because i was next to the winning boat? The boat with no fleas on it that never left the dock, and was the first one to enter their fish?? and then never left the dock for the whole pro-am as well? Brilliant strategy.....

Pro /AM rule dissucion topic ...............................Bill Hilts and those involved with the rules . I was just informed and i hope it was misinformation that if a team had 1 or 2 small fish and did not weigh in on day one that would give them a zero .By doing this it would give them a better chance at winning the COMEBACK award.If some did use this stratigy I dont feel it is a true comeback . This could be solved by a simple fix of if you dont turn in your signed sheet on day one you are DQ'd from the COMEBACK award . This GREY area could be solved very easy. ALSO as we know our "FIRST PRO/AM" we all feel like a "outsider" till we meet a few guys or teams,at every captians meeting the whole NEW teams should be invited and by show of hands should be reconized so we all could greet them to this ,HUMBLING,FUN,COMPETIVE, and sometimes REWARDING experience of the PRO/AM DERBYS.. Thank You Ray K. P.S. then everyone on the new teams could here the rules or questions involved at these meetings.....