Salt water fishing partner.. anyone?...

I fish several times a a year in salt water.. Either on party boats for bottom  fish  such as sea bass,  hake, porgies, flounder, blackfish[tautog] etc, or  on my own 18 foot boat  for fluke, bluefish, stripers etc.. Depends on whats around, time of year etc..  Mostly at the NJ shore.. I usually go alone as most people don't want to take the 225 mile   ride  each way, or don't want to spend the money.. anyway, i thought perhaps there might be a few guys that live/fish in the finger lakes region that would enjoy  these ocean/bay  trips now and then... Party boats  fares are about $70 including pool, plus whatever gas we use to get there and back, or if I take my boat, its gas, ramp fee and bait.. Probably a  $50-60 bill each to trailer a boat  down.. Thats usually a May -Nov type thing.. Party boats do sail all year btw,

if you are tough enough to fish on the ocean in 20 degree weather...

In any case, I am just seeing if anyone in the area would like to    do some salt water fishing.. The fish are bigger, stronger and WAY better to eat than what we have up here... Thats why Wegmans gets $20 for a whole  1 1/2 pound Sea Bass, with the head, fins,gills still on!...  I don't stay down there, I leave candor around 1 am, get there around 5 or 6 am,, fish and then come home.. Its a long tiring day, but its a lot of fun, and some of the very best eating fish you can imagine.. Just putting it out there.. PM me with interest, and we can talk about it... bob

I also have done a lot of salt water fishing being from "The Island". I have fished the Jersey shore a lot but I believe the Cape Cod - Buzzards Bay and Boston Harbor are better. I plan on making a late May trip for sea bass/stripers this year. Let me know if you would consider going to Mass. instead of Jersey.

Kind of a related question for you saltwater guys. My son just moved to southern New Hampshire (near Manchester) only 45 milles as the crow flies from the Atlantic. Looking on line there are several party boats that go out of Hampton. Definitely want to have my son and I go out on one next year. My question is is there a time of the year that is better for catching tasty fish that another time of the year?  Or is there a time of the year we should stay away from? Thanks for any info.

I was going to say clipper fleet but when I click on their website icon it goes to eastmans...  Did they sell out I wonder???.  I know they were struggling somewhat with the fishing restrictions.

Bulletbob, I showed your post to my wife the other night (she gave me that look).  I can't find people to go with me either.  I will check in with you later.

Joe

I live south of you guys, in Pa about two hours away.  I would be interested if someone from this area wanted to go.  Would be interested to go even if I had to drive up to your area.  I used to live in NJ ad worked in some of the boat yards in the northern shore area, years ago.....jk

I too like saltwater fishing — and just bought a 28' offshore boat and all the gear to outfit it. I'm based in North Carolina (with a farm on Lake Erie) so I'm a lot closer to warm-water fishing. If you, or others on the list, want to team up, I'm game as long as I have people to cover the gas & bait. Please DON'T BE SHY!

Kind of a related question for you saltwater guys. My son just moved to southern New Hampshire (near Manchester) only 45 milles as the crow flies from the Atlantic. Looking on line there are several party boats that go out of Hampton. Definitely want to have my son and I go out on one next year. My question is is there a time of the year that is better for catching tasty fish that another time of the year?  Or is there a time of the year we should stay away from? Thanks for any info.

You can catch ground fish all year. In mid June the dogs show up and can ruin a day on a party boat. the smaller six packs have an easier time avoiding them but some days that i impossible.

Eastmans is a good head boat outfit.

You can catch ground fish all year. In mid June the dogs show up and can ruin a day on a party boat. the smaller six packs have an easier time avoiding them but some days that i impossible.

Eastmans is a good head boat outfit.

"Dogs"= Spiny Dogfish..https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spiny_dogfish

When they come around in big numbers, they are a pain in the ass to say the least!