Turkey 2017

Well we leave in the morning for the Ohio opener. Hunting with Eric and the boys at Close Encounters Whitetails. Went two years ago and took two big toms and had a great time. Weather looks good and it will be nice to spend three mornings in the woods.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I've shot tungsten shot for a couple of year now Bill, and really like it. Not the hevi-shot, but an old Remington goose / duck load. Remington HD. They're not giving tungsten away, but for the number of round you go through a year, it's acceptable. I shoot it at turkeys / foxes / coyotes, and think it performs very well. 

17 hours ago, whaler1 said:

Lot of walking yesterday but no birds. Two jakes today, so overall it was a great trip!IMG_1996.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Awesome hunt guys, much better weather out there, I believe that's the sun!!!:lol: that's a plus right there great looking birds and safe trip home, maybe a walleye or two, then you will have air land and sea makings for a good OL American meal!!

Well messed up pretty bad around 8:30! Couldn't move with a hen right on top of me, long story short I pulled up in him and freaking missed!! Gave up Turkey hunting ALONG time ago and not sure why! 1st bird I have worked by myself and I blew it since I didn't turn when I had the chance. Back at em tomarrow.