Henderson Harbor Salmon Fishing

Was out this morning. Tough day. Off the Finger, found good temps down 120 @ 43-44 degrees. Had a tangle, as we were cleaning it, one hit the 450 and came unglued... part of the tangled mess. Picked up a mid-size king on dipsy with FF. 1 for 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Thanks for the report. Was planning on hitting the trench/finger this morning, but slept in and got the bow tuned in instead. Plan on hitting it hard next weekend. Should be a calm week and temps should set up nicely.

Short trip this morning, trolled between the finger and the mountain for about 2.5 hrs, found 46 degrees down 120. Had a good salmon on copper and another struck a dipsy, first double but both came unglued.
Picked up a nice mature on the other dipsy. Copper went again, pulled in 450 to find a massive laker took the spoon. Finished with another laker on a dipsy.
Riggers never fired.
IMG_6791.JPG

- GBL

Puffer II: 1802 Trophy
Green Boat: 1966 Starcraft Mariner-V 14

I launched out of Stony Creek, haven't been by Henderson's launch, but the water is down the pier at Stony where my bumpers actually work! It should be a bit better now. If I end up getting over that way, I'll check. Unless someone else chimes in.

Nice fish Greenboat! always fun when you double up. Tangles are a pain but part of the game. Are you running the copper down the chute? You might try it on a board. A wild fish might still get you tangled.  Wes 

I am running the copper down the chute, but that wasn't the tangle... I was trying to add a slide diver and deployed to fast and it snagged the rigger. Put it in the cabin to try another day. Haha. And I should've known better cause I let my dipsys creep out slow by backing off the drag. I a dumb ass sometimes, but all put are learning!!!

- GBL

Henderson launch is good and lots of good hooks out by the wall and finger and plenty off bait fished 4 hours tuesday am in 4 footers solo not even a bump off think front shut them down . Did well sunday evening and monday morning out of Oswego on the 140 curve caught fish 130 down due to temp was deep and broken . Screen and temps were way better at henderson but if they have lock jaw its tough to put them in the boat temp break was around 90 feet and very stable . Talked with one old timer told me he couldnt even catch perch !

Henderson launch is good and lots of good hooks out by the wall and finger and plenty off bait fished 4 hours tuesday am in 4 footers solo not even a bump off think front shut them down . Did well sunday evening and monday morning out of Oswego on the 140 curve caught fish 130 down due to temp was deep and broken . Screen and temps were way better at henderson but if they have lock jaw its tough to put them in the boat temp break was around 90 feet and very stable . Talked with one old timer told me he couldnt even catch perch !

Did you pass a Trophy with Puffer II on the side as you trolled into the waves? About 9:30? We were going with the waves, cleaning rods and then we left.

- GBL

Haha! Well good to meet you out there! We had a king in the box and lost one before that. A laker took a FF on a mag dipsy right before you came up, we had just pulled lines when we passed.
Did you find anything closer in the Trench?

Got my parents to watch the kids this morning and ran out with my lady before a little brunch at Tin Pan. Ran out to between the mountain and finger, it was a bit choppy and my lady got a little nauseous, so I pulled lines and ran into the Trench for flatter water. Found 46 degrees down 120, passed 7 pods like in the pics, never moved a rod. Hit 115 fow, pulled lines, and hit Tin Pan.

Sorry for the glare. IMG_6826.thumb.JPG.36a295678e02b3c953bdad7522369b35.JPGIMG_6829.thumb.JPG.00f092b435121818e523926c16a3dfe6.JPG

- GBL

Great to see them biting there is plenty of fish and bait there just need to hit it right when there in the mode to eat it wont be long and they will really stack up in the trench .I wont be back out for about 2 weeks but after that will be hitting it hard 

Talked with a guy at the boat launch 3 weeks ago said he caught 37 lake trout out there i was like wow great job man then this past tuesday ran into him again asked him if he slayed them out there today he replied yaa caught 37 lake trout and 4 kings .All i could do at that point is laugh my ass of to myself . My buddy had a saying all fisherman are liars except for you and me and sometimes i wounder about you ! HOW TRUE LOL