Billy V Sandy Creek Report - August 30, 2008

Today I had the pleasure of fishing Sandy Creek for the first time since I was in college thanks to an invite from my good buddy Runnin' Rebel. We were also joined by Trout-n-About and his wife today and we all had a great time together.

We ran out through the fog and set the boat down in 380 FOW and worked our way North as we set up. We had a nice steady pick of steelies all day long in anywhere from 400-430 FOW. Best down speeds were 1.8-2.0 mph and best depths on Jerry's super six downrigger setup were 42-58' down. Most of our bites were on Jerry's super-secret spoons fished off the riggers, but we also had three diver bites and took a shot on a 10 color core too.

Today's box would've been filled with cookie-cutters like this one had we not thrown them all back but one bleeder:

SandyCreekAugust302008002.jpg

Thanks so much for the invite Jerry...I really needed a change of pace today and this was exactly what the Dr. ordered! Next time lunch is on me!!!

had a little fun out west eh, too bad it was such a slow day course some of that was probly due to jerrys inexperience every time i see him he pics my brain and ive been letting some of my secrets slip.heard rumor of a new charter moving to sandy.now work on that photo thing the full arm streach just dont look natural with those shiny fish.

I'm sorry you don't like the picture Ray. But coming from someone who never takes pictures to back up his reports I'll take that little barb with a grain of salt.

:? :?

Nope, no freak-outs from Jerry today. Just a relaxing day on the water catching some fish with friends.

I cant take that many pics ,But i assure you if you ask anyone who has ever fished my boat all my reports are on the low side of what we actually catch. When i first started fishing lake ontario 6 years back i took and posted many pics . I really have nothing to gain by posting false reports .I think my showing at the Pro Ams have a little to say as to my catching ability,and belive me when i post a 19 for 27 day ,that dont include the dinks, or the 2or 3lb shakers and you can bet a dollar i ant the one doing the counting cause i cant count that high.I do have some pics in my cell phone i could send you and if you want ill start taking photos of every fish and posting them here .As far as a jab (or barb)to your photo style i belive it was yankee picking on you a while back as to that tech.I didnt mean to offend you just picking as a friend .Now that you got my dander up i might have to hook up the boat and head to erie or ontario fishing for the next 2 days ,hope your real happy with yourself.Thanks. :D

Ray, I'm not accusing you of posting false reports, nor do I doubt your fish catching abilities. You've certainly proven yourself in the tournaments you've fished in. I didn't take your comment in the context you intended when I first read it , but now I see that you were just picking. My apologies.

Dont pull me into this RAY! LOL

That Billy V character sure left a trace of FH in Sandy today! Ever since he stepped foot west of the Genny fishing has gone down! I dont know....maybe im looking into this WAY too much.

Billy,

Your welcome to come up here anytime to fish with us. Just say the word and you already saw the spare bedroom. I am sure it was nice to get away for a day and see plan B west end style. I made the trip complete for Bill by bringing him to Oak Orchard for lunch. Then to the docks to meet the local Captains. I am sure you were glad to here their complaints of the oak fishing all week. Sounded like Fair Haven West. Todays trip Me and Jay stepped it up a notch and made yesterdays catch look tame. SORRY RAY NO PICTURES!!!

PS I know ray well enough to know he kidds ALMOST as much as me. No harm No foul just to much driving/thinking and onions on your bacon burger.

Please take me up on a return trip this year or so to see plan C LAKE TROUT

Do not laugh untill you see the 1st place check Jay (trout-n-about) cashes mon at LOC derby awards.

Best of luck the rest of 2008 and please keep the "BAD JU JU" going on Yankee troller till next years Pro-Ams>

JERRY

REBEL

Toto, we're really not in Kansas anymore!

Ray finally admitted to not knowing how to count, someone took Ray K seriously, Billy V fished west of Sodus, and Yankee fished for Lakers?

I know first hand Ray does take pictures in the back of the boat just not of fish:shock: :x :mrgreen: :lol:

Ray I need to borrow your Sparkly Red Shoes!

There's no place like home! There's no place like home! There's no place like home!