for sale : usa Just a observation

Trying to sell a boat ?

1- Clean it up, as in swab the deck ,wash and clean helm area, take the crap out of it, then take pictures. Can't believe some of the pictures posted with the deck and or boat looking like it was cleaned a decade ago.

2- Post the hours on engine along with HP

3- Show pictures of engine bay and the working deck area, the most important pictures for most of us.

4- Name the mfg of engine and outdrive if applicable.

5- State it comes or does not with trailer.

6- Name extra fishing equipment,including Auto Pilot/kicker etc that it comes with.

7- Don't really need pictures of you holding fish,[ we have all seen fish before, but not your helm or cabin area.] Unless it is showing us where the gunwales are in relation to your lower body

8- Condition of upholstery,gel coat/hull/trailer/engine/stringers/transom if need be.

9-Does it come with any extra canvas ,-mooring cover-bimini top-drop curtains, eisenglass etc. and if so condition of that.

10- Model number AND actual length and beam.

These are suggestions to move the sale of your boat along without a lot of Pms not having to be sent or answered. I am sure there might be more and feel free to ad to this list or if I offended anyone, moderator please delete post .

• Like 1

I don’t necessarily agree. If anyone uses their boat consistently they’d know how difficult it is to keep your boat clean. In fact when I see a boat extra clean I suspect it’s to hide something or they’re trying to get more than it’s worth. Most people who are really interested in a purchase are going to come and see it in person, talk to the owner and ask questions. In fact I tend to stay away from people who bullet off questions without seeing it because they’re generally wasting your time because their driving a 6 cylinder or some other reason. I’ve also found that the people ask a bunch of every single detail, are the first ones to call three months later about a light or gauge out that could be something as simple as a fuse but somehow believe your liable lol. I certainly believe posters should provide information cause it will ultimately help the boat sell. These are just the experiences I’ve had personally.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

^ If I see a boat that is all roached out, owners home looks like a junkyard , vehicles in driveway looks like they came from crash a rama and garage looking like a hurricane came through it I figure they guy doesn't care about maintaining anything, including his boat. Now if its the opposite I generally have a good feeling that the boat/motors had oils changed on schedule, was winterized and stored correctly. I don't know any Charter Captains or weekend  warriors that don't take pride in there ride. They have nothing to hide and generally love there boat . AND if your TRYING to sell it, really , you don't have time to make it look presentable ? One thing I forgot, put the asking price on the post.

• Like 1

The fact is..anyone seriously considering buying anything on here, Should and most likely will ask several questions regardless of the information and pictures posted for said item. Want more info, ask questions! Dont like the way the item looks, move on! Its not rocket science!

• Like 1