Genny :Sunday 10/11 My Boys' First King

Since the kids were asking to go fishing and the wife wanting to see the fall colors, I figured what better way to kill 2 birds with 1 stone. We headed up the river for a nice fall boat ride to see the changes in the leaves and to catch my boys(5&4) their first king. Once I explained to them that they can not hold the rods while we were trolling, they waited paitently for some action. Within a few minutes, The starboard rigger fired. I grabbed the rod and he got off after a few seconds. As I was re grouping, the other rigger went. Fish On! I sat my 5 year old down and handed him the rod. With my help, my kids took turns fighting the crusty king to the boat. When that king was in the boat, the look on my kid's faces was priceless. It was truly a treat for them. Even though they do not understand that the fish was near the end of his life,( and nasty as can be) they thought it was the greatest thing ever.

It was a great treat for their father too. In my opinion being able to pass on a legacy to the young ones is what fishing is all about. What a great day and a great way to end the season. To all LOU members: Have a good winter and we will see you in the spring.

Capt.Lou

"Get The Net"

Pq1e1Nni.jpg

Good job. Thanks for sharing. Totally agree about passing on the legacy. Anyone who shares this passion with friends and especially family, is tops in my book. Have a great winter yourself ( if that is possible) -Duane

Sweet job! I had the opportunity to do some trips this year with kids and they definitely enjoyed the heck out of it. We take for granted some of these fish out there, but for them its the greatest thing in the world and they don't stop talking about it.

Good thing for you is now your boys are hooked! This means the balls in your court. So when the wife says you cant go you gotta play the "kids wanna go fishing" card.

Lou,

Nice picture!!! Seeing my son catch his first king was an awesome experience. I take him whenever I can and the fishing is for him. Can't wait for my daughter to get bigger so she and I can have that same experience.

Yankee is right, it is a little easier to take the kids fishing than going yourself. Good luck in the future.

Jeff

Thanks for the reply guys... It was an awesome day.... Yankee, your right, My wife is waiting for the day that all three of us kids are out of the house for the day... You should have seen her trying to steer the boat and grab the net, I wish I had a picture for that!!!!!!

Great job with the experience and the telling of that experience, Lou. Many of us on the board can relate to that, regardless of the type of fishing, and that's why we're out there regardless of the success of our efforts. As many on this board have related, your boys will cherish this for the rest of their lives.