Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

On a quest to get a muskie this year. Thought I'd post here as a bit of an online journal.

Made it out today from about 8:30am to noon. Fished boy scout camp north to no avail. Third time out this year and not even a follow, throwing bucktails, spinnerbaits, and cranks. Maybe pick up a few glide baits of some sort? Mid to upper 60's for surface temp.

Hmm... off to ponder.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I was out yesterday afternoon. Had a follow and got one in the net on a 6” twitch bait in about 10fow.

No size though. Mid to upper 30’s

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 1

Update: fished today from dawn to about 10:30. South end and up the west side. Still no follows. Looks like algae may have bloomed, lots of particles in the water. 68-70 degree water. Great looking water, just nothing raised. My brother struck out on the bass as well. Few other anglers said they havent had much either. Lake in a transition? Try again tomorrow morning. Shall not be deterred!!!

And you will be rewarded!
Looking forward to reading about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 1

my brother and I have been talking about making the same quest and trying to get a bucket lister in the fall after the the salmon fishing is done.  this lake is within driving distance and we usually get a couple trips in October thru November.  we did it once last year and got poured on.  I wish you best of luck in your quest and hope to see pics from you little bit of luck i'll have my own some day

by the way love the screen name.  my boat is the Poleish moments    double pun as fishing pole and a bunch of pollacks who sometimes do just really polish things

• Like 1

Ifish, thanks. Just trying to be the best I can be, in whatever endeavor i'm involved in. However, if ya can't laugh at yourself along the way, what fun is it? There's a certain amount of humour in this one for sure. Especially 2 Pollacks fighting Waneta whitecaps in a leaky 12' jon boat with a 2 horse!

On that note... struck out again today, as did the nephew. Still no follows from what I can tell, water was pretty churned up though. 66 degrees pretty steady for the short time we had to fish (8-10:30). Went up the east side again. Seems like all the activity on the graph is deep. Probably where the efforts will be focused. Do have some new gear on the way since I could feel my cheapo rod coming apart, so purchased a Chaos Tackle 9' Mh and a new bait or two. Maybe that'll come with some luck?

And on that note, thank you all for your tips and luck sent my way. It's greatly appreciated, and as soon as I connect, come hell...since we already have high water... there will be pics posted!