Injured bow hunter/ fisherman

woody 184

Guys some of you know I got hurt at work pretty bad. I have been out of work for a year, with multiple injuries. I ended up with multiple concussions a torn disc in my back and a bone spur in my neck. Due to these injuries I haven't hunted since 2017 , i now have bifocals and hearing aids due to insane ringing in my ears, very unbalanced, lost my sense of smell and taste absolutely gone, I can't smell all those cool things in like smell of cut grass and fresh cup of coffee. I really want to be able to hunt and fish again, so my question to you guys is anybody here with a back injury that got better enough to bow hunt, I know I will not be climbing into tree stands anymore. That's life... Just looking for some hope to get back into a hunting blind again or fishing again. Thanks Dale

Guys some of you know I got hurt at work pretty bad. I have been out of work for a year, with multiple injuries. I ended up with multiple concussions a torn disc in my back and a bone spur in my neck. Due to these injuries I haven't hunted since 2017 , i now have bifocals and hearing aids due to insane ringing in my ears, very unbalanced, lost my sense of smell and taste absolutely gone, I can't smell all those cool things in like smell of cut grass and fresh cup of coffee. I really want to be able to hunt and fish again, so my question to you guys is anybody here with a back injury that got better enough to bow hunt, I know I will not be climbing into tree stands anymore. That's life... Just looking for some hope to get back into a hunting blind again or fishing again. Thanks Dale

Forget the bow go cross bow. That should work.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Bruce I thought about it but didn't think I could cock it

Get a crossbow with a assisted cocking (crank) device. There are many in the market now where it makes it so anyone can cock them.

As far as compound bow goes start with a cheap kids bow or something like a Diamond SB1 where you adjust draw weight all the way down to 7lbs and just continually build strength. As it get easier to draw increase draw weight slowly and continue.

It is like Physical therapy all about getting range of movement and building muscle memory again. You may never be able to pull 70lbs but dont need to in order to kill a deer.

‘Bout Time
Mike

Crossbow it is I had reservations on one , one was the price kinda hard to justify I then, now I think the wife would be ok with it, then I was worried about cocking it. Now I need to figure out which crossbow

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 2:13 PM, woody 184 said:

Thanks for the information on the crossbow , what model Parker does he have.

Parked went out of business last year. a year after I bought my X bow from them!   My buddy bought a ten point with the crank & it is a nice set up & easy to cock.

Edited by lineman49

I own a ten point shadow light with the crank and I also shot the Parker at the archery shop when I was deciding between the two.  The Parker was a neat crossbow. All I had to do was press a button and the big co2 cartridge would draw the bow.  The reason I did not buy it was that it was heavier than the ten point model I bought by at least five pounds.  I also was concerned about how reliable the mechanism would last through the years.  I bought a mono pod accessory for the ten point. It snaps on and off and I have used it successfully in the tent and in a tree stand.  It allows you to shoot without having to hold up the full weight of the bow.  Great for people with a handicap.  Believe me, I know.  Ten point is a good company and they stand bye their bows.