Landshark, Doublehaul, Richard Bullen, and myself decided to try Sodus for our first trip of the year. Richard & I were supposed to meet Nick and Mike at the Coast Guard launch at 7AM. Arrived at 6:45am & waited. After a short time they arrived at 7:20 with a story I'll let them explain. We loaded up Nick's 16' footer (The Hammer) and headed left out of the chute and set up just west of Maxwell Creek.

Richard was the first to hook up and tried to rip the lips off his fish and it came unbuttoned. Trolled for another few minutes and fish on again. Richard landed a nice spring brown. Nothing big, but a nice eater, and first fish of the season for him. Continued trolling west for the next hour and found some nice colored water in front of Maxwell. Made a few passes and NADA, ZIP, Nothing. Picked up and set up East of the chute, trolling east. Bonanza, picked up 4 nice browns and a steelhead in about 20 minutes. Continued trolling till about 12:30 then picked up and went into shore for a bite of lunch. Headed back out again after lunch and picked up a coho and 4 more cookie cutter browns. Final troll of the day Richard landed a nice football brown, the biggest of the day. Fish came in 7-8 fow with jointed sticks & spoons.

Final count for the day was 12 for 15. A great day on the water and hopefully set the stage for things to come this season. We had a lot of laughs, we all caught fish, and made it safely back home. Pics from the guys to follow sometime today. :yes:

aVuAFFJ.jpg

Sorry Nick but you knew this was coming. :clap: Oh and Bob looked like the emperor from the star wars movies

Incident

1) I arrived at nicks at 545am and he was just about ready to go. boat/trailer hooked to truck. cruising down rt 104 we felt something and heard an awful noise. You guessed it 55 mph and the trailer came off the truck. :o We got it slowed and stopped. Took a look, no damage what so ever. :yes: Only the chains holding it

2) the four of us came back out from lunch to find the battery dead. so here goes nick changing batteries , this that and the other thing only to find it wasnt in neutral. :P

3) after a good day fishing we headed back to nicks place. on the way i noticed we were going the wrong way on 81. he has been that way a 100 times and for some reason we were on 81 s instead of north.

Give it to him boys :lol:

I thought that picture looked familiar. I was in the Sheriffs car that pulled up and asked you guys to move to the parking lot.... That is a dangerous spot on route 14 and that is a nice looking boat... Dale

Bob what time did you guys leave Sodus Bay to head home.... I think you may have been on the shoulder of Route 14 just before dark... Dale

Yup that was us. Richard couldn't find his glasses and thought he left them in the boat. He finally found them and we went on our way. :D

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Nice job teacher boy with the trailer and neutral is when it's not in any gear like N or P on your cars shifter. Here this might help images.jpgThat's where it has to be to start when turning the key :lol:

As far as the trailer goes hope this helps ya understand it better:

images-1.jpg

You should be good to go now next time :yes::P:lol: