Another Age Old Question

I love it when people ask this age old question. " Where did you catch it , what where you using " Now that has to be the funniest question for a number of reasons. #1 he is no longer there, he is in my live well. # 2nd there are a lot of factors that come into play. What speed , how deep, Lure type and color, water temperature,surface and the depth the fish are at, down rigger,Tow Line planner boards,In-line planner Boards, dipsy diver ,Slide Diver, Jet Diver, long line, steel line , copper line, braid, flor, or mono , windy , sunny, cloudy , going up current , down current or cross current, Then there is how did you tie your tackle on, and that opens a whole new box. Not forgetting the set back , and rod angle to the water.

Then come water surface, like glass, choppy a little ripple and so on.

Dam now I know why golf was invented

So be for you ask the question , think it out and get all the facts. :(

then why are people so reluctant about giving fishing reports? If there is so many variables why do people keep things so hush hush? The way i feel is I can tell them every answer to all those question and there is a pretty good chance you are not going to catch one.

ps i have gotten crap for sharing to much info before ;)

It caught me and I won the fight..wanna hear about the fight?....Hey,... what kinda fish is that anyway and wudjakechiton, huh......well that there's a dorkfish and I got him on a corndawg.

Now that's :tmi: I might of got in trouble on some other site fer givin out that much, but here....never happen....I'm not even considered a window licker on here if I just come on to snoop around and git free info on the hot bite, then leave without sayin nutin at all.....it's a big lake out there....and I can't remember the GPS numbers that good anyway...but I'll try and point to the direction where abouts I was and how long it took fer me to git there at the rate of velocity of my conveyance. sort of a time/space continum formula and E=MC2 (thrust of prop X RPM) - (resistence of H2o at ambient temperature X cross current angle X flow rate) + (wind speed / by angle of deflection) - Degree of magnetic inclination vs true course......In other words I give my best SWAG estimate of when where and how the dorkfish got on the corndawg.

SWAG= scientific wild a$$ guess.

There ya go.... :bow:

You have to be a devoted fisherman to understand the answers: (comments by the un-initiated)

Where did you catch it:

Answer: Skinny water

Comment: What the heck is skinny water? There’s no such thing as FAT water. Maybe he means if you weigh under 100 lbs, you’re skinny so he must have been less that 100 FOW. well that narrows it down quite a bit…Big-O averages 250 ft deep so he must have been within 4 miles of shore…

What speed?:

Answer: Medium

Comment: That really helps. Somewhere between being anchored & planned off…If he had said slow it probably would have meant closer to being anchored...

How deep?:

Answer: Off the bottom

Comment: Well that certainly eliminates in the dirt below the bottom…

Lure type?:

Answer: Spoons

Comment: At least he eliminated some lures (plugs, flies & jigs)…

Color?:

Answer: Bright

Comment: Silver? Gold? White? Yellow? Glow? Maybe it was glossy orange?

Water temp?:

Answer: Cold

Comment: No$hit, the water is cold. It’s wet too…

Depth fish are at:

Answer: Scattered from top to bottom

Comment: At least we know they weren’t below the bottom or in the air…

Rigger:

Answer: Two Cannons

Comment: You caught two fish off the riggers or you have two of them mounted on your boat? or you shot two of them?

Planners:

Answer: 1 In-Line & 1 board

Comment: Same as rigger comment, but were they in the bilge or we’re you using them as a step to reach the riggers?

Line:

Answer: Sinking

Comment: Well we’re not whipping flies in the stream. Of course they all sink….

Weather:

Answer: Partially sunny

Comment: If partially sunny then it must be partially something else, right?...right?

Winds?:

Answer: Variable

Comment: I don’t know which direction they’re from either….That’s why I asked you

Currents:

Answer: Mixed

Comment: heh, heh, heh…ok

Tackle tied:

Answer: Loop

Comment: Looped knot or you just looped it a couple times then tied a knot? (I’m getting loopy trying to understand the answers)

Set back:

Answer: Long

Comment: Someplace between a good long jump (24 ft) & ½ mile huh?…

Water surface:

Answer: Slight chop

Comment: OK I give up...what’s the difference between a slight chop & a roaring ripple?

;)

Tom B.

(LongLine)