Oswego - Weekend of 8/27-8/29

LOU:  I'm visiting my in-laws in Scriba for the weekend, dragging my boat from Ohio. 

Looking at the USGS for the Oswego River it's pumping out 79F water, 6 feet higher than 'normal,' at almost 20,000 cfs!!! (which doesn't look right, but there's some actual measurement on the graph, so...)  

I was thinking of fishing for stagers somewhere downwind of that river water but man, that's some warm water.  I know staging fish aren't as temperature sensitive but geez that harbor is literally bathwater and downwind of there must be too?  I'm newer to the salmon game and haven't really chased fall/staging fish.  If the weather cooperates I'll try it since I'll be there.  Maybe I'll try the nearshore waters upwind of that warm bath water? Maybe the fish will stage close but on the opposite side of the warm water?  Or further downwind. Guess I'll find out.  I'll post what I learn here.  PM me if anyone wants to network this weekend.  Good luck if you go.

Wrights Landing Launch Closed Saturday Aug 28th

Just arrived in Oswego and checked out the lake. Lakes a rollin good. But more importantly saw orange signs posted at the launch saying Launch Closed Sat Aug 28 Drone Show

Just in case anyone else is watching this thread. Guess we’ll try Mexico instead?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 1

Thanks Rookie. We decided to launch at Mexico anyways. Went 0/0.

Not a bite.

Had 42F water 60 down over anywhere from 75-150fow. 54F at 35 down Actually it started warming a bit as we got deeper when we decided to pull the plug and have our Humble Pie for dinner.

Didnt speak to many other fishermen but radio chatter was also saying more of same. Heard someone had boxed 3. I don’t think we marked 3.

We started around 60 fow, worked the 80s and 90s west twd the plant then out with the wind. Pulled lines and ran back inside to 60 again tried another more easterly slide out but still nothing doin. Hope others did better. Prob give Oswego a try on Sun since its closer. Good luck if you go.

how are you making out so far today sunday

Managed 1 decent coho this morning outta Oswego just before getting drenched. Fished 70-140 in n out from the bluffs west back to front of Oz. Got the coho out front 138fow on FF wire dipsey. Didnt mark much.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United