Maybe fishing will improve next week after frontal passage on Monday and a return to some west and northwest winds. The consistent east winds for the last week or so has slowed fishing for mostly everyone out there in the Rochester area.

Still very tough fishing for us today.  Clear water inside so headed northeast out to 400 feet looking for anything. Marked a few fish in about 135 feet laying on the bottom. Other than that, a pretty clear screen. We only managed one Coho 35 down over 250 and one hit on the board. Very frustrating!!!

Good luck tomorrow out of IBay. I’m thinking about going out in the am or pm. I’m really hoping the water changes soon. The ultra crystal clear crap is killer. I spent 6 hours yesterday inshore to 80’ and not a single strike. That’s using different color spoons, fly’s, gambler rigs etc 

On 5/14/2022 at 3:42 PM, show me the money said:

Fished the same area , little east of you ,out of sandy  tried for browns nothing. Moved out to 130 FOW  got 6 Lakers one was #20   Hope it stays fish of the day currently 10th place  good luck 

6FDBC9B7-E41F-454A-A52B-2AA1C8FD37F0.jpeg

Nice Fish! I have been waiting to try sandy for a while!  Lakers are in 110 - 130 on the bottom 

Edited by adesalvo

After a few days of slow fishing off I-Bay decided to take the run to Braddocks bay area today. We ended 3 for 7. Not great but at least the rods moved a few times. Fish came from 140 to 190. Had hits on a slider with the downrigger down 35, diver out 75 and 4 color leadcore. 

• Like 1