This could be last Stripers season on the Hudson River

Kaz

On every environmental issue that these clowns think they are cutting edge, they have no clue.   And as we find out the real world limitations of electric vehicles on how they perform, how you charge them and how much they cost, the average person just can't write a check to cover it.  

Edited by MCF

The thing is couple months back in Europe somebody dump chemicals in the river and the river was dead from Germany through Poland. All this afford and money to keep it clean Hudson River and now let's dump radioactive waste  It doesn't make a sense

https://apnews.com/article/crime-poland-animals-fish-c96e8036a2dbb92ea61ce4df3c97a467

Interesting,

Why is it impossible to find any info about this anywhere else?

I have a feeling that there is very incomplete and interest group produced information here.

I would like to know exactly how much radioactive material there is in this water. If it is water that was used to produce steam or if it is part of a cooling reservoir that is present in every atomic reactor  in case of overheating.  Water will only become radioactive if there is a leak in the reactor and the water is used to keep the temperature down. There were no radioactive leaks in this reactor although there were some mechanical problems that ,if left unattended might have caused trouble.

I'm all for crying wolf, if there is a wolf around, but the wolf here seems to be conjured.

Edited by rolmops
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, rolmops said:

Interesting,

I have a feeling that there is very incomplete and interest group produced information here.

I would like to know exactly how much radioactive material there is in this water. If it is water that was used to produce steam or if it is part of a cooling reservoir that is present in every atomic reactor  in case of overheating.  Water will only become radioactive if there is a leak in the reactor and the water is used to keep the temperature down. There were no radioactive leaks in this reactor although there were some mechanical problems that ,if left unattended might have caused trouble.

I'm all for crying wolf, if there is a wolf around, but the wolf here seems to be conjured.

Which would be awesome. “News” and truth are not always the same, let alone the fact that many “truths” are often subjective. 

1 hour ago, rolmops said:

Interesting,

Nothing specifics and it doesn't make any sense. Some groups with a agenda probably

The Hudson has endured a lot of contamination over the years. It is also a major spawning habitat for both herring and striped bass. We should all be proactive about pollution as it affect our environment and we should also be proactive in making intelligent choices about posting negative and perhaps unscientific material as it concerns technology choices. We desperately need to make progress on climate change issues. Any of us who rely on the fisheries from Lake Erie to Long Island Sound are between a rock and a hard place . This isn’t going to change for the better by burying our head in the sand and wishing for a bygone era when the bulk of the damage was actually being done. - Tight Lines

• Like 1

This is legit because I saw it on the local news tonight. I didn't pay attention to it though. I did here a company spokesman saying something about the stuff naturally occurring in the water already. After that I can't say.

• Like 1