Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. Way faster. The Rochester basin from Braddocks to Ibay is a big bowl with a slower drop. Once you get West of Braddocks and East of Shipbuilders Point deeper water is closer to shore.
  2. Sandy has a free launch. Great fishing East and West of port. It is way closer to fishable water out of Sandy than the other Monroe County ports.
  3. Well done Jonathan! Thanks for the plug!
  4. Those marks on the bottom are lakers not kings.
  5. Single hooks work great on bigger fish. Most of the time the single come right out of the eye on smaller salmon and trout. That is the reason I went back to trebles.
  6. The scary part is, we will all be carp fishermen if they make it to the great lakes!
  7. If you have kids, you need to fish species that are the easiest to pin point and easiest to entice. Lake Trout fit both of those criteria. They are in the same water day in and day out and really easy to catch when they are offered the correct tackle.
  8. You and me both! Its on my bucket list.
  9. They have been slow to update. I wonder if they are running at half staff due to the Corona BS.
  10. A huge thank you to Law Enforcement, Fire, EMS and 911 Dispatchers! Your jobs are not easy and right now is even worse! Stay safe!
  11. Who is fishing the Orleans Open Am division this year? Team Escape will be there out of Bald Eagle.
  12. Its the best meat on the goose! Crock Pot with sweet Baby Rays BBQ. Its like BBQ beef! Yum!
  13. GAMBLER

    Sold / Closed 2003 BAHA 277 GLE

    Man, one year from now, I would be slapping some cash down on this rig. Beautiful boat!
  14. Having all the tools ready to get them back as quick as possible is huge. Taking photos is ok but must be done quickly. I don't understand guys that take photos of skippy kings. They are our fish of the future and need to be put back asap and with great care!
  15. The easiest way is to have a network of friends to give you reports. When that is not possible, experience will help. Learning what winds move fish where in the area you fish is a huge time saver! Like stated above, a speed and temp unit does help but DO NOT GET HUNG UP ON TEMP!!!!! Fish the marks on the graph and use the speed and temp unit for repeating what speed, and what temp you took that fish at.
  16. Can we still leave from Bald Eagle and Oak Orchard?
  17. Blood Run hooks are awesome. They work perfect on Stinger Stingrays for me when they need replacing.
  18. Awesome! Great tribute to a great guy!
  19. Both the summer and fall are on!
  20. Thanks apb. I just try my best to give guys the best quality, best service and tips to run my stuff. I modeled my business after Atommik. Tom Allen does a great job and puts out very quality gear! Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  21. Bleeding fish, skin off and take the brown/red meat off the back side of the filet between the meat and the skin. Trout, salmon and walleye all taste better without that meat on the filets. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  22. I believe that is the one closed until July.
  23. Great report Abe! The feedback on the Death Traps has been awesome so far! Hopefully WTP opens back up so I can make more. Inventory is starting to run low!
  24. They are famous for eating plastics. Someone posted a picture years ago of a laker that ate a foot of a dead animal. I believe it was a raccoon foot. I will see if I can dig up the post.
  25. I would like to donate a Gambler Rigs prize pack for the winner. Please contact me with contact info so I can ship it out.
×
×
  • Create New...