Check this out

So I went down to look at a job on Lake Rd about a 1/4 mile east of Pt Breeze . One of those houses on South side of Rd with the lake across the street . 

I hear gunshots . I look out the front door and right across the street there is a DEC  boat about 200 ft off shore with a guy standing up shooting at the cormerants  flying everywhere . 

The lady said this is the first day she saw them .  

The NYSDEC has a contract with the feds to do "hazing" during spring stocking. This was done last year also. The timing of the hazing is based off the release of the pen fish. They are allowed to shoot and kill birds besides just shooting fireworks and stuff. Lets hope NYS continues funding for this.

On 5/4/2023 at 3:55 PM, whaler1 said:

I would love to shoot them. Amazing how many there are. 

yeah talk about a "thrill kill" Bill:lol:

Edited by Sk8man

19 minutes ago, Sk8man said:

Gee I wonder where all the bait goes :lol:

And all the pen raised kings and rainbows and direct stocked browns. The USFWS says they’re looking at the Ontario cormorant shooting program.

Bulls- -t

• Like 1

At this point just allowing hunting them wouldn't put much of a dent in things with flocks that size they would have to decimate a who;e rookery to make any progress

Yeah and those charter capt. they arrested should be all compensated also!!! Those guys knew more about what’s going to be better or worse!!! Then the green uniform wearing dip ****s!!! I really do ask myself what really goes on in their heads

• Like 1