Legacy -The 2023 Deer Season-

Legacy

No doubt the past 24 hours have been the most active my cameras have been on the season so far. The typical doe/fawn pics along with a ton of buck pics. Bucks of all ages including a couple matures. 3 different buck sparring sessions. Im curious to see what the movement is during the first couple of hours of daylight. I did have one of my targets on camera yesterday morning in daylight.

Nope, I still havent caught anything. A little bit of a slow start to the season for me with only one sit so far. I was hoping to get out this morning but the rain had better ideas and scared me away. Im hoping in the upcoming week (tues or weds) that my schedule will change and I can get in the woods. I have been doing my best to get ahead with work so I have free time during prime time.

May be an image of 1 person, deer and text that says 'When folks ask me ifl if I caught anything while hunting'

• Like 1

As Im sure most of you do, I reach for my phone in the morning and check camera pics as soon as I wake. The wind and rain have activity crawling here this am in the dark. However the past 3 days I have seen a huge uptick in movement. Tons of new bucks showing up. For a minute it seemed like I didnt have a lot of young bucks around and boom, they are here now. Bucks of all sizes and age classes have blown up my cameras. With that being said I also have had 5 different sparring sessions caught on camera in the fast few nights along with some young bucks chasing does. Things are ramping up and its getting frisky in the woods.

Well I got out of work early today so here I am in the deer woods. I had 3 different mature bucks on camera on this property yesterday pm and all 3 in the last hour of shooting light. Let's hope they do the same thing this afternoon. Perfect wind for this set (NNW) so my fingers are crossed.

Just an observation... When I was walking in I noticed that Scrapes were tore the hell up. One of which I can see from the stand. I "freshened" up my mock scrape as I walked in also which looks like it's getting hit also. Wasn't a leaf in it and it's been a week since I was here.

October 16 pm

Cloudy

North wind 10-15

Great night on stand. 22+ deer seen. Seven bucks with one stud, one possible 2 year old, and 5 one year olds. Lots of action. Saw some doe bumping. Heard some grunting. In the end I just picked the wrong stand. Hoping to be out tomorrow afternoon.

IMG_20231016_154021363.jpg