Legacy -The 2023 Deer Season-

Legacy

Got this 7 point about a week ago. My earliest bow buck in one of my favorite pinch points. Good luck everyone it's about to get good!  Updated my post with trailcam pic of when I shot. The dark spot on the side of the buck is where the arrow had just passed through (before he bucked and ran off). 

20231021_191726.jpg

Screenshot_20231030_082913_Gallery.jpg

Edited by troutman10
  • Like 9

Well  I started my all day sits today, although it was my 50th sit of the season.  I let one fly,  not my biggest buck but we have had some cool trail cam pictures and videos of him. It Was a bit nerve wracking as the blood trail was actually pretty crappy and we jumped him 5hours after the shot. Made me question where I actually did hit,  although it looked like a perfect shot.   But we went back in 2 hrs after and he was dead 50 yds from where we bumped him.    There was a couple bigger bucks I was holding out for but he gave me a perfect 25 yds shot  so I let it fly. And got  my dad and cousin out to help with the recovery  so that was fun! 

received_1056064462403064~2.jpeg

received_586969483520218.jpeg

Edited by machzrcr
  • Like 14

Well I had to visit the deer woods yesterday to swap out batteries in cameras. 2 months on standard batteries so this time I made sure to put lithiums in them. The one thing I noticed was the massive amount of scrapes and rubs in the woods. I love seeing all that buck sign.

IMG_20231030_132812429.jpg

IMG_20231030_132441826.jpg

Lithium batteries will break the bank. Get a 10Ah 12V and run it in a Remington gasketed ammo box. The entire setup is ~$60 (less if you go with an 8Ah battery - I use Nermak), it's bulletproof, lasts the entire season, and should keep on keeping on season after season. And you can use the batteries during ice season to power your other stuff. Remember that lithiums do require a unique charger, and make sure that the power cord adaptor is the right size for your camera (build your own or buy cheap from Amazon).

11 minutes ago, Gator said:

Lithium batteries will break the bank. Get a 10Ah 12V and run it in a Remington gasketed ammo box. The entire setup is ~$60 (less if you go with an 8Ah battery - I use Nermak), it's bulletproof, lasts the entire season, and should keep on keeping on season after season. And you can use the batteries during ice season to power your other stuff. Remember that lithiums do require a unique charger, and make sure that the power cord adaptor is the right size for your camera (build your own or buy cheap from Amazon).

Agreed. They do make a rechargeable battery for $49 for the Tactacam xpro. It might be worth the investment.

12 hours ago, machzrcr said:

Well  I started my all day sits today, although it was my 50th sit of the season.  I let one fly,  not my biggest buck but we have had some cool trail cam pictures and videos of him. It Was a bit nerve wracking as the blood trail was actually pretty crappy and we jumped him 5hours after the shot. Made me question where I actually did hit,  although it looked like a perfect shot.   But we went back in 2 hrs after and he was dead 50 yds from where we bumped him.    There was a couple bigger bucks I was holding out for but he gave me a perfect 25 yds shot  so I let it fly. And got  my dad and cousin out to help with the recovery  so that was fun! 

received_1056064462403064~2.jpeg

received_586969483520218.jpeg

That does look like a great shot. Do you have any idea what happened to the arrow once you field-dressed him? Maybe it kicked off a rib and deflected? Great buck all the same!