If you made the fall 2009 LOC derby please post here.

• 1 month later...

Sunday 23 August 2009 Uncle Bill and I. We caught this 31.15 pound King Salmon, Oncorhynchus tshawytscha. Second Place Salmon. The fish is 42 3/4 inches long.

Here are a few pics and a video of the King, Chinook salmon.

This King Hit the Starboard Luhr Jensen Dipsy Diver rig pulling a 11" white Pro-Troll Hot Chip flasher, Great Lakes Tackle white FAMILIAR BITE 4 fly Tango Green label alewife. Wire was out 325 feet. While I was fighting this fish the other dipsy diver takes off and we double up. Uncle Bill drops the Sony video camera and I pick up the cam and start shooting video. That rig was pulling the same set up with the exception of a green 4 fly tango set at 300 out. It was a REEL screamer and than SNAP his fish was gone!!

After the weigh in we went back out to fish. We did several nice Kings that day. Not many fish taking on spoons/riggers. Another hot set up was a white Pro-Troll Hot Chip flashers 8" fished off the riggers with A-TOM-MIK #T43 Ultra White Glow "Tournament Series" fly. One of my " go to set up's"

Excuse the shake in the video camera. It was a bit hard to hold the cam with one hand, a 10' rod with a big rig and big king in the other hand.

A setting on the cam was wrong for the light conditions causing the video quality to be a bit off, bright.

Uncle Bill gets a bit excited. The adrenaline rush.

Time stamp on pictures is wrong off by an hour, daylight saving time.

Click on pics twice to zoom images.

DerbyKing082320097.jpg

DerbyKing0823200914.jpg

DerbyKing0823200927.jpg

DerbyKing0823200932.jpg

Check out the teeth on this King. :movie:

Mark

PS...does this look like and advertisement for any one product? LOL!!!

1st place (as of today) Brown division. Reeled in by my brother Jim. Fish hit Stinger NBK down 55 over 65 in front of I-Bay. Took big fish of the day for $200 so it's already a winner. Sorry, didn't have a camera so no pics. Still alot of derby left so hoping for good weather to try to get another on the board.

Rick

Janet and I went out after work tonight thinking with the NE blow we might find some browns in tight. Location was Ship Builders 70 to 120 FOW. This King hit a Slide Diver light bite pulling a NK 28 watermelon 30' behind the diver over 120 FOW. The diver was out 210 on a 2.5 setting, mono. We were making the turn to head back in to shallower water when the King hit and Ran out 325' of mono before Janet put the brakes on him! I went to check the drag and it was supper tight so I backed it off a bit and the rest is in the box!!!

Hurray for Janet on here first derby King and her biggest King she has caught to date!!!

Currently 15th place.

We thought it may be the BIG FISH of the day.

The King was a little heavy for her to lift...LOL

I posted here pic...she told me she looked terrible and made me take it down.

MarkwJanetsderbyKing.jpg

28.15 Pounds

Mark

Fished with Anthony (Pike Hunter) this morning - we caught a 12#8 ounce steelhead (looks like it'll be 13 place of so). Nonetheless, it was great to get a fish on the board and get a steelhead up there from the I-Bay area.

I think Anthony will post a pic of the fish later on.....

Location - east of I-bay, 220 fow

Set-up - rigger at 77' and the fish was caught on a free slider, DW SS Dirty White Boy, 2.2 mph at the ball.

Thanks fellas and especially thanks to Anthony for his great work on getting the fish in the boat and for being a great guest on my boat!!!!!

- Chris

This is a follow up to Chris's post and heres the picture of the 12.8 lbs steelie.

Chris is very generous and yet a humble Captain as he has insisted for me to pick up the rod three times in a row this morning. First hook was a steelie and lost it on top of the water. Second hit, boated juvenile salmon. Then, for the third time when the rod fired, I wanted Chris to pick up the rod however with the Capain's order, I worked very hard not to lose this fish and reeled in successfully.

35365629.jpg

Thank you Chris for a great time on your boat!

48008342.jpg

Boat; Bushwacker, 13 lb. Steelhead,caught at Sodus Point, on my boat by my friend Ron Hummel at 1:05pm. 8/29/09. Fish was caught on a seven color core, and a scorpian in 230 ftow. The fish is currently in 11 th. place and was the big fish of the day in its division. Pics. are of Ron with the fish.

Ok here is a pic of the 32.3lb king taken by 12 yr old Nate Weaver from PA aboards the SEADUCKTION. It has been bumped down to #7, but he is still a happy boy!!!!!!! Hope it takes the youth division. It did win big fish of the day for the 28th.

Enjoy the please no!

P1000227.jpg

P1000226.jpg

Rich

Friday September 4, 2009. Launched out of Oswego and fished east between the 5 stacks and the power plant with fishing buddy - Lilboat (Dan). Fish was caught at 10:15am in 140 fow , 105 feet down on an 11" green Protroll paddle with a chartruse green rhys davis head/ fishon butbait strip.

Fish weighed 34lbs 4oz.

P9040210.jpg

Enjoy , Good Luck and Tight Lines

sat 9/5 afternoon mexico bay, fished just north of the salmon river. fish hit a green echip with a fishchecker custom fly over 132 fow down 107 feet. i would like to thank my little lucky charm jordan my son, when ever he hits the water with us we end up boating good fish. a fish the same wieght was caught in the morning putting us in 9th place and missing out on big fish of the day. oh well good to make the board again its been a long time. more thanks goes to the rest of the crew my nephew fishhog and fishchecker(the guy who checks the fish for dec we all see on the east end).

326king.jpg

We caught this one around 6:45 am on 9/6. It was the first rod to go and Ethan pounced on it like tiger. It hit a green Luhr Jenson Dodger with one of my pearl crinkle flys, 25' lead off a 60' corner rigger.

31 lbs 11 oz

67553934.th.jpg

33 lb 8oz salmon. Hit a siggs riggs mirage behind a chrome pro troll. 100 feet down over 150. near the salmon river. Hit about 5:30 in the afternoon the first day of the derby. Total fishing time about 30 minutes.

82917930.th.jpg

Congrats to all who made the board and all who fished.

Dave B