Hot Lure: (pro-king prism)

Trolling Speed: (2.5 mph)

Down Speed: (? mph)

Boat Depth: (90 ft)

Lure Depth: (80 ft)

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Put in at Sandy Creek around 7:45AM and motored out to 120 FOW to set up....It's been so long since I've been fishing that I forgot my Spin-doctors at home....Sp I had to throw steel at 'em....From what I had been reading on the sight it sounded like fishing was good out here...Set riggers at 80 and 60 with stackers at 60 and 40...went north with a single knock-off in 213 FOW....Talked to a friendly chap on Ontario (?) and he decided to go to shallower water...We trolled out to 250 with veryblank screens...Trolled in and got to 110 FOW and started seeing marks along the bottom....Another knockoff on the 80 rigger with the pro-king purplish prism ladderback pattern....Reloaded and this time had a fish on the quickly freed himself...Reloaded again and put two pro-kins on the same rigger....in about 90 FOW the lower rigger fires and this time the fish is home...Pass the rod to my buddy George and he starts wrestling with a fish...I'm standing behind him with the net when the stacker on the same side fires...I grab it with my free hand and say, "whooooa" that's bottom...That's funny, bottom doesn't shake and bake...George loses his fish and I hand him the other rod...It is not budging much...I decide to clear the lines and get set to help George catch a fish...Had to slow down and eventually go to neutral in order to finally land the fish...Turned out to be a 17 lb. brown! What a great way to end the day....Take a look.....POPS

63763079.th.jpg

I did resuscitate that big guy and sent him back to the watery depths....Believe it or not, my buddy George has an 18 pounder hanging on his wall that he caught in the 1988(?) ESLO derby which was good for I believe 3rd place. I asked him if he wanted to have a matching pair and he just smiled...Ha Ha

Thanks for all the nice comments....

POPS