Spring LOC

Last years LOC went from May 1st - May 10th. I agree if the lake does not freeze the Salmon fishing should be better but the lake was frozen last year. The problem will be if the lake does freeze late the boom does not come out until there is under 200 sq. miles of ice. Usually the Boom is removed by 2nd week in April. If it comes out later it will put a damper on fishing.

Shade

Not a fan of the dates, but it is what it is. We will run into this every 6 or 7 years (I think). Get your Canadian license if you want to fish that first weekend. That first weekend is ALWAYS hit or miss. With many times a MISS as far as the fishing goes.

Gamble points out a good point. Erie hasnt froze over, so they might cross earlier this year.

ScottB - didn't Ernie Langtine win the thing a few years back from Oswego? LOL Your right though. if you want to place your better get down and fish the bar.

I think that last weekend is also the same weekend as the Wilson scotty, so at least if you are going to fish the scotty tournament you can fish the Loc also. If you win or place a top fish you would have to get to the Loc awards ceremony on that Sunday from Wilson though.

This years dates are more in line with how they used to be years ago when the counties ran trhe LOC, it always used to be the last friday in April through the following sunday. Aways made May 1 a big personal debate for me, opening day of turkey or fish the derby.

Tim