X4 reliability

I've been doing some initial research on the fishawk X4. I bet me trolling catch rate would increase but $600 is a lot of money.

Reading the x4 manual, they say that repairs for either the probe or the display is a "flat rate" $185 - that seems like a lot too.

for those who have had the x4 for a while, how reliable has it been?

have you needed any repairs?

they say the probe is "bulletproof" - have any of you ran it (accidentally) into bottom? still working?

many thanks for any info - i'm leary of the "reviews" i read that are not on forums like this.

dre

I've had mine for a year & have been pleased with the performance. I did have trouble with the mountng bracket breaking because of the speed of the boat and I've dealt with Treavor Sumptom who has gone out of his was to satisfy me after the warrantry ended without charging me. As for performance it's just another trick in your bag. I was surprised at the difference in currents at different depths and you do save time if your targeting a ertain temperature. Will you catch more fish?.....................can't help with that I caught plenty before I have the unit but as I tell my wife the more you spend the more you catch :lol::lol: !

. Was a little hard talking myself into buying it.Took almost ten min!

That's not bad, I been tryin to talk all my friends into helping with the price. I keep tellin them how many more fish we will get with it and they tell me any more fish in the boat and this will feel more like a job and have less time for b/s and beer

:wondering:

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

I put one on in March and have had no problems. I also have two subtrolls on the boat and they work great also. The only issue I had with the X4 is I touched the display one time and scratched it. So take it easy on the display its not glass like the subtroll. Sean

I've been doing some initial research on the fishawk X4. I bet me trolling catch rate would increase but $600 is a lot of money.

Reading the x4 manual, they say that repairs for either the probe or the display is a "flat rate" $185 - that seems like a lot too.

for those who have had the x4 for a while, how reliable has it been?

have you needed any repairs?

they say the probe is "bulletproof" - have any of you ran it (accidentally) into bottom? still working?

many thanks for any info - i'm leary of the "reviews" i read that are not on forums like this.

dre

maybe this would be enough if you just want the temp.....

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21738

Dre,

We have the Subtroll on our Ontario boat and it works fantastic from 120ft and above. We do not have autopilot so no issues. If you are going to fish the FLX where your probe will be mostly 100 ft and above I would go with the cheaper option with the Subtroll or Depth Raider. You can find them used for around $300 and new at around 450. So that will save you a bunch and you get the same results. I plan to get one for my hemlock boat as well. As a side note Chuck has the X4 and loves it. Both are good choices if you ask me. Its all up to if you want the coated cable or not and can live with a little more blow back.. Good Luck!

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] BlackBerry.png