Which competition level do you prefer?

Legacy

Which competition level do you prefer?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Which competition level do you prefer?

• derbies
    • shootouts
    • multiday tournaments
    • tournament series
    • everything you possibly can

IMO I like the diversity of them all.

Its fun to fish the derbies, the GOSD and the LOC !!!

The smaller entry fee events we now have in the Eastern Basin are very popular, I find we get 75 to over 100 teams per event on our end of the lake. Its great to rank your self up against some of the top dogs

The higher dollar events along with the series that come along with them are a goal for many to work their way up to, not all but some

Lake Ontario !!!! Its a great place, the current diversity is awesome !!!

Tom

I feel the same as Tom, they all have their unique flavor.

I would guess most are going to choose derbies, because that is where I think most have had experiences.

For me, derbies are fun, but they lack the group camaraderie that the others have. Derbies also lack the head to head competition. What I do really like about derbies though is they are low key, low pressure, and family oriented.

Far as the other styles....love them all. I probably prefer two days....just because It's like two tournaments in one. Putting two quality days together is brutally tough!

The smaller entree fee of the smaller touniments on the eastern end is were I am at right now. Having to drive six hours to get to the lake hinders being able to fish the lake as mush as I would like. Like Tom stated, the larger touniments is something to strive for maybe in the future.

P.S. I did not put in a vote because I did not think these small tourniments falls into one of the catagories.

While I fish the LOC, I also enjoy doing the smaller 1 and 2 day tournaments. Alot of what I do depends on the availability of my crew. We live 4.5 hours from the lake, so we have to pick and choose where our interests lie during the season. Never done any of the Pro/Am's. Would like to sometime in the future.

I cant say enough about the diversity of the events we have on Lake O. Its a great place to be if you have any competitive nature in your blood. I love multi-day events, and would love to eventually see a three day event that cuts to the top ten on day three at some point.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png