Spoon choice

Looking for advice on spoons for Fingers (mostly Seneca lake). I have a limited assortment of spoons at the moment, mostly NK 28s and Michigan Stingers, and would like to purchase more. I have mostly been using flashers and flies but am starting to include more spoons into my program. I mostly target lake trout and LL salmon. What are your opinions regarding spoon type and patterns? I plan to pick up more Michigan Stingers and am wondering how the Dreamweaver super slims perform on the Fingers. Any advice is much appreciated, thanks!

For landlocks and rainbows I use Northport Nailers in the 100 size. The must have is the mashed banana. On a sunny afternoon in the summer it works pretty good. There are 4 or 5 others that do good too. They have a different bend in them and the action is great. They are an over looked choice in spoons that catch silver fish.

Thanks for the great advice everybody. I have used peanuts with dodgers and cowbells, but not with flashers. I will give that a shot for lakers. I am most interested in trying to increase my success with LL salmon and an occational rainbow would be nice. Seems flasher and flies work most time for lakers. Thanks.

could somebody enlighten me on what a peanut is. i use ff mostly for lakers and would like to increase my silverfish catch. what are some good tried and true color patterns for spoons. and also what speed should spoons be trolled. i troll around 2 abd a quarter mph and kill em with ff combos but never get a hit on my spoons. thx gentlemen

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Mobile%20Device.png

All of the above. If you wanna find a huge selection of R&R Spoons check out his site or make sure you come to the Troller Flea Market Sunday and visit my booth, Dave from R&R will be right there with me!!

Thanks for the great replies everyone. The problem I have with Suttons is that they roll. Appears they are too light for my boat speed at idle. I do well on flashers and flies and Michigan stinger spoons though. Tried NK28s several times and have had a few takers (lake trout), but Stingers seem to be more productive for me on Fingers. This is why I'm wondering about Dreamweaver super slims. Never fished them and was wondering if they respond similar to Michigan Stingers.

Im gonna be honest .. I love the Stingers, they have great colors but the paint falls off after a couple fish.. Hookedup and Jason have been talking up the Dreamweaver's because they are also great spoons and they don't lose the paint and I have finally broke down and bought some , I have stocked up on similar spoons on both, and am gonna run my riggers half and half on the next two trips and will report back to you with the details.. :clap: Am a huge fan of the Michigan Stinger and it gonna take a lot of proof to change me... 8)

Mike

I like the sounds of your plan Iron Duke. I look forward to your results. I will probably pick up some super slims and give them a shot this season as well. I also have a handfull of NKs in size 4D. Does anyone have experience with NK 4D spoons? Thanks!

I been coating my m. stinger's with a clear coat so far the last some what longer.......I also have pick up a lot of DW super slims ran one last year "steelie stoper " I think it was called last in the season that worked real well................. Iron Duke I'll also be waiting for you report. :yes:

I have a selection of spoons that always work, most important with spoons is speed, depth, and proper trolling angle/ light reflection. Certain colors are going to work in the top 40 yet if you use that same spoon 60ft down it won’t work. I have R@R spoons, Dreamweaver, and Stinger, NK, as well as some custom made spoons that I can’t mention. We will get a handful of spoons of each brand that work and load them up. Don’t have a hundred spoons that don’t work have 10 that kill the fish and own a hundred of them. Then each season we will test a few more and if we find a hot one it gets put on the list.

I compiled a list from previous threads here of the most popular spoon choices and used that as a base for my first spoon buys last season. Yes, I'm a big spreadsheet geek. The list stays in the car for when I run across a sale.