Hot Lure:

Trolling Speed:

Down Speed:

Boat Depth:

Lure Depth:

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Took Wednesday off and fished both morning and evening, came in mid day to avoid a passing squall and switch crews.

Fished a little west in 240' in the am. Temp was deep at about 110' . Spooks took 5 hits. Glow green nuclear and green tourney fly on the dipseys took a couple too. Took 3 sixteen year olds on the boat who never fished before so we wound up losing quite a few while they got the hang of it but managed a 28 lber, a 22 lber and a sweet 12 lb steelie.

My daughter now understands why I fish and cant wait to go again.

Erica_s_King.jpg

Not bad for her first salmon.

In the evening we went back out with a couple of buddies and I had a blast on a nice flat lake. Nice not having to be the guy doing all the line setting, had some drinks, pizza and wings and watched the rods fly.

Vince.jpg

sunset.jpg

We are damn lucky to be able to live on this lake and be fortunate enough to enjoy it.

first time fishing and you get the kids into fish like that.. tell by the smile on her face... she had to be screaming with excitement.. wish my kids were not down south... hardly get to see them.. all grown up and married or in school..

good job great fish...

Fishing Report

Your Name / Boat Name: Apt. Sea 2

==============

TRIP OVERVIEW

==============

Date(s): 8/8

Time on Water:

Weather/Temp:

Wind Speed/Direction:

Waves:

Surface Temp:

LAT/LONG (GPS Cords):

===============

FISHING RESULTS

===============

Total Hits:

Total Boated:

Species Breakdown:

Hot Lure:

Trolling Speed:

Down Speed:

Boat Depth:

Lure Depth:

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Took Wednesday off and fished both morning and evening, came in mid day to avoid a passing squall and switch crews.

Fished a little west in 240' in the am. Temp was deep at about 110' . Spooks took 5 hits. Glow green nuclear and green tourney fly on the dipseys took a couple too. Took 3 sixteen year olds on the boat who never fished before so we wound up losing quite a few while they got the hang of it but managed a 28 lber, a 22 lber and a sweet 12 lb steelie.

My daughter now understands why I fish and cant wait to go again.

Erica_s_King.jpg

Not bad for her first salmon.

In the evening we went back out with a couple of buddies and I had a blast on a nice flat lake. Nice not having to be the guy doing all the line setting, had some drinks, pizza and wings and watched the rods fly.

Vince.jpg

sunset.jpg

We are damn lucky to be able to live on this lake and be fortunate enough to enjoy it.

Dude.That is awesome.

We really are some lucky fisherman having this type of fishery around

Awesome story. If that was my daughter, I would frame that picture -not just a 5x7. If I was sixteen, I would politely ask if I could help out on your boat. Your post makes me want to try harder to get my kids more interested in the outdoors. Thanks for posting.

Thanks for all the thoughts, guys. I have trolled without my 3 kids for 18 years with the exception of one trip my son went on when he was about 12. I never could interest them and it has always been just something "Dad does". I now have a bigger boat and to them it is suddenly more than fishing and being able to bring some friends is the real allure. This trip was really rewarding because this is the "independant" child that everyone seems to get one of. She is a great kid but always more interested in doing stuff with her friends than with her old man. For her to have fun and success in the same trip made the day really special.