GoPro

Legacy

Whats everyone using to convert and edit gopro footage? Gopro Cineform studio and windows movie maker? any better programs out there. What have you found is the best routine from start to finish?

I've asked this question many times to the guys showing video on here and for some reason I get squat. :no:

Adobe premier elements II is what I got , but haven't tried it yet due to losing all my video somehow. :@

I use the Sony Vegas movie studio HD platinum 11.0 it will do more than you ever need. Also you can edit video right from the chip you don't need to whait for any downloads. You can add pics or music to video what ever you want. Then you can upload straight to YouTube or burn a disk.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

If you have Windows XP you can't use Windows Movie Maker. Anything after XP and your good to go. It's a simple editing software package. Sony Vegas is a great editing package, but sometimes those higher end programs can be tough to understand and operate. GoPro has some software for download on their site, but I have never used it. Editing video isn't fun. At least not for me.

We have the original GoPro HD camera, so I have to manually start and stop it. I found with the battery pack and a 32GB card it will go for about four hours. Which, most times, the first four hours of the morning is the hot bite. Apparently, the new WiFi backpack is available for my camera. The nice thing about this is you get remote control over your camera to start and stop it. It also has an APP for Android and iOS where it turns your phone into the remote control.

If you have Windows XP you can't use Windows Movie Maker. Anything after XP and your good to go. It's a simple editing software package. Sony Vegas is a great editing package, but sometimes those higher end programs can be tough to understand and operate. GoPro has some software for download on their site, but I have never used it. Editing video isn't fun. At least not for me.

We have the original GoPro HD camera, so I have to manually start and stop it. I found with the battery pack and a 32GB card it will go for about four hours. Which, most times, the first four hours of the morning is the hot bite. Apparently, the new WiFi backpack is available for my camera. The nice thing about this is you get remote control over your camera to start and stop it. It also has an APP for Android and iOS where it turns your phone into the remote control.

Rick... my buddy at work just put together that the newest go pro, the remote attachment and then loaded the app onto his droid. he said it works great. the amazing thing is that apparently the remote (your phone) and the camera have a 600' range between the two. So as a deer hunter looking for that perfect video you can place the camera in a desired location and remotely view it as well as control it from your tree stand. Gotta love technology.

Rick... my buddy at work just put together that the newest go pro, the remote attachment and then loaded the app onto his droid. he said it works great. the amazing thing is that apparently the remote (your phone) and the camera have a 600' range between the two. So as a deer hunter looking for that perfect video you can place the camera in a desired location and remotely view it as well as control it from your tree stand. Gotta love technology.

That's a neat idea!

Pete ask your friend if the new GO Pro goes thru the series of beeps when you turn it on. I have held off on my purchase because a friend told me he couldnt shut the beeps off. I wanted to use it for hunting.

Pete ask your friend if the new GO Pro goes thru the series of beeps when you turn it on. I have held off on my purchase because a friend told me he couldnt shut the beeps off. I wanted to use it for hunting.

:yes:

That is pretty sick! Can you have multiple cameras setup on the same device? It would be neat to have multiple angles on the boat or in the tree stand. One on the implement and the other on the angler/hunter.

What mounts do you guys use if you put them on the downrigger balls? I just picked up a TrollPro which is streamlined and the camera sits inside and hardly gets any moisture to it and you don't have to worry about the water pulling it off the ball like you might with a regular mount on the ball. It looks like a pretty slick setup I can't wait to use it

• 5 weeks later...

Yeah the droid app is sick! I can only get it to work on one of my gopros though, the 2nd one it just wont work on. The trollpro is fun for a bit, but the lure needs to be within 2ft of the camera to see much of anything. I also felt the trollpro affected my catch rate significantly.

I have a few videos up on youtube, look for nrallers and make sure to watch them in HD (720p).

Nick