New NYS gun legislation????????

Legacy

My seat is reserved on the Erie County SCOPE bus. My son-in-law and as many others as I can talk to will also be coming. The rally in Buffalo last saturday was very good. Dave DiPietro made me proud that my vote here in ny is not always cast in vain. cuomo's popularity is tanking. Will this BS emotional, kneejerk legislation be ammended or will we live as outlaws? Anyone ever read the late Gene Hill in field and stream's last page? Many years ago he did a piece regarding having to bury his shotguns. I will find and re-read.

Many guys at work are calling for a hunting license boycott. Thoughts?

The Chicago Sun-Times ran a piece by Neil Steinberg today (as News, rather than Opinion) that contained the sentence "Guns are part of the right-wing lunatic fringe of fear, the Obama-loathing, government-hating, minority-despising, science-scoffing quarter of Americans existing in a shadowy permanent grief state over the 1950s, over a white-bread America where they were king that never was and never will be". There's no arguing with that kind of closed mind.

A professional politician, on the other hand, is generally interested in power (money, control, etc...) and self-preservation. Support the ones that vote your interests and vote out those that don't. Register and vote! One vote may not make a difference but how many thousands don't bother, thinking it will make no difference? Cuomo wants to do better than his daddy. Some of our representatives let themselves be bullied and some couldn't wait to sign on. Vote out the people that betrayed you.

Informative videos like these should be moved into mainstream media via commercials. Naive people are being bombarded with bias news reports. Power of the pen is now power of the air waves. There are many forms of propaganda. I have said this before, IT IS NOT ABOUT SAFETY, IT IS ABOUT REMOVING THE ONLY THREAT TO A GOVERNMENT ABOUT TO RUN AMUCK. (sorry for yelling it)

Obama is going to make a world tour making up or forging statistics to engage citizens who might otherwise be capable for thinking for themselves. He will name drop. He will insist that something needs to be done so do what anti gun libs want to. He will woo them with his steady delivery and consistent pause. His crescendos and his blank stares will encourage people that this koolaid is the best ever and the citizens who know better will do what exactly???

One of the problems with the engaging and rewarding pursuits of hunting and fishing, is we leave the politics to too many of the other 50%.

There are so many heartfelt, well written posts on this thread. You guys are great writers. I'm not surprised, though, coming from outdoorsmen and patriots.

We are truly at the crossroads. I am certain there is a larger agenda, and the law abiding, God loving, America loving, family oriented outdoorspeople are just pawns as the war to manipulate minds through fear continues. History is trying to repeat itself, and not in a good way.

ROAD TRIP TO ALBANY FEBUARY 28th

DEPARTURE TIME: 4:30AM, 2/28/13, from NYS Thruway Exit 49 DEPEW – park & drive area.

Travel to: Empire State Plaza, Legislative Office Building (LOB); Route: New York State Thruway

(Interstate 90) to Exit 24 (Albany), proceed east on Interstate 90 to Interstate 787 South, along Hudson

River, take Empire Plaza Exit direct to LOB bus parking zone.

1 travel stop is planned along NYS Thruway inbound travel route.

Approximate ARRIVAL TIME at Empire Plaza: 10:00AM

Proceed to Legislative Office Building on foot, all must proceed through security checkpoint. Enter

Legislative Office Building and turn left, proceed to “The Wellâ€. Organized speaker activities are planned

to begin at 10:30AM with speakers through 12:30PM.

There are approximately 2 hours of open air plaza activities after that.

DEPARTURE TIME: 3:00PM, 2/28/13, from bus parking zone at LOB for Return Trip to Exit 49 DEPEW –

park & drive area.

1 travel stop is planned along NYS Thruway outbound travel route.

Approximate ARRIVAL TIME: 8:30PM, 2/28/13, at Exit 49 DEPEW – park and drive area

To make reservations as a passenger, please contact Rich at 716-510-

7952 or email: [email protected]

A $25 per passenger donation is recommended to help defer costs. Cash or check made payable to the

Erie County Federation of Sportsmen

Ok,Guys & Gals lets get a 2nd Bus full to Albany,please signup today!

Thanks,Capt. Larry D. Jones

Here is some "clarification" :D of the new gun law in a Q and A format from emperor Cuomo's office:

http://www.governor.ny.gov/2013/gun-reforms-faq

That's just too funny!

Q: I own a gun that I use for hunting, is it an assault weapon?

A: Most guns that are used for hunting are not assault weapons and are not affected by this law. Typical shotguns and hunting rifles are exempt as the law specifies military style assault weapons by design characteristics. For example, any pump, lever, or bolt action shotgun or rifle cannot be an assault weapon. To confirm that your rifle is not an assault weapon and to see common models and characteristics click here.

OK, I own a Barret Bolt action MRAD .338 Lapua magnum, so even though it is black, has a ten round magazine and receiver grip, adjustable stock, it is just a hunting rifle....COOL! :yes: How come it's not on the list ANYWHERE! OH..That's right .."not exhaustive" got it! :clap:

Q: If I modify my gun by removing all design characteristics that makes it an assault weapon, do I have to register it?

A: No. If you modify your gun so that it is not an assault weapon, you do not have to register it. The modification must be permanent however. This includes, for example, removing the bayonet lug by cutting or grinding, grinding off the threads on the barrel, removing the fore grip so that it cannot be readily reattached, or any change that cannot be reversed through reasonable means.

OK, so if I do this, and put pretty walnut wood fore end and stock on it, engrave the receiver in gold fill, but it still functions exactly like it did before doing this, it is now not an assault weapon? What the he!!? :dull:

Q: I own a handgun, is that an assault weapon?

A: Most handguns are not assault weapons and are not affected by this law. A traditionally designed handgun is not an assault weapon. For example a single shot pistol or a revolver cannot be an assault weapon.

OK, so I can't have more than seven rounds in a magazine, therefore I'm limited to buying only magnum caliber hand guns such as revolvers that chamber .357, .41, .44, .454 casul, .500 S&W. or an auto that chambers .45 ACP. Well guess that pretty much rules out something for the little woman to use! :( ...what the heck is "traditionally"...isn't that descriptive of what was normal?

Q: (this is for dealers) If I sell ammunition, can I keep selling it?

A: Yes. Currently the law does not add any obligations on sellers. Sellers of ammunition will have to register by January 15, 2014. A form will be made available and you will not need to appear in person or wait for a background check.

OK, I thought this applied to anyone wanting to purchase ammo?...dealers are going to sell it to me after they do a registration? HUH?..what happened to me BUYING ammo? I don't see that anywhere AT ALL! :wondering:

I could go on and on but I'll let someone else have fun with the rest of this STILL stupid obscure definition of an object, could be any object, used in.. "man caused disasters".. This is where that politically correct term actually has meaning. ;)

Mark

NSA Position Statement on Gun Control

http://www.sheriffs.org/content/nsa-pos ... un-control

based upon omission in the executive summary, I can not conclude what their stance is w.r.t the proposed "assault" weapons bans, universal back ground checks (ah, hmmm, national gun owner registration database).

clearly it was not overtly supportive of "O-Biden's" gun control agenda

THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF PENNSYLVANIA

HOUSE BILL

No. 357 Session of

INTRODUCED BY METCALFE, BAKER, BLOOM, BROOKS, CAUSER, CLYMER, EVERETT,

GABLER, GROVE, HAHN, C. HARRIS, HESS, HICKERNELL, KAUFFMAN, F. KELLER, M. K.

KELLER, KNOWLES, KRIEGER, MAJOR, MILLARD, MILLER, MOUL, MULLERY, PYLE,

SACCONE, SANKEY, STEVENSON, TALLMAN, CUTLER, ROAE, ROCK, MALONEY, ELLIS,

MUSTIO, REESE, BENNINGHOFF, EMRICK, METZGAR, JAMES, EVANKOVICH, PAYNE,

SWANGER, READSHAW, RAPP, DENLINGER, OBERLANDER, S. H. SMITH, DUNBAR, SAYLOR,

MARSHALL, REED, SCAVELLO, MCGINNIS AND LUCAS, JANUARY 25, 2013

REFERRED TO COMMITEE ON JUDICIARY, JANUARY 25, 2013

AN ACT

Providing that any Federal law which attempts to register, restrict or ban a

firearm or to limit the size of a magazine of a firearm in this Commonwealth

shall be unenforceable in this Commonwealth; and imposing penalties.

The General Assembly of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania hereby enacts as

follows:

Section 1. Short title.

This act shall be known and may be cited as the Right to Bear Arms

Protection Act.

Section 2. Definitions.

The following words and phrases when used in this act shall have the

meanings given to them in this section unless the context clearly indicates

otherwise:

"Firearm accessory." An item that is used in conjunction with or mounted on

a firearm but is not essential to the basic function of a firearm.

Section 3. Federal law relating to firearms, accessories and ammunition.

(a) Enforceability.--A Federal law, rule, regulation or order created or

taking effect after December 31, 2012, shall be unenforceable within the

borders of this Commonwealth if the law, rule, regulation or order attempts

to register, restrict or ban the ownership or purchase of a firearm,

magazine of a firearm, firearm accessory or ammunition.

(b) Federal agent.--An official, agent or employee of the Federal

Government, Commonwealth or political subdivision who enforces or attempts

to enforce a Federal law under subsection (a) commits a felony of the third

degree and, upon conviction, shall be subject to imprisonment for not less

than one year or more than seven years, a fine of not more than $15,000, or

both. The Attorney General shall prosecute violations of this section.

Section 4. Duty of Attorney General.

The Attorney General shall defend a resident of this Commonwealth who is

prosecuted by the Federal Government for a violation of Federal law under

section 3(a) that attempts to register, restrict or ban the ownership or

purchase of a firearm, magazine of a firearm, firearm accessory or

ammunition that is retained in this Commonwealth.

Section 20. Effective date.

This act shall take effect in 60 days.

One step ahead on NY State! Capt. Larry

Although this was done in 2008 and now the "ONE FEATURE" component of the new law changes its impact it is a very useful coverage of the terms used to describe guns called "assault" weapons" and the distinctions may help clarify some things to be used in discussions. I found it informative:

Guys, In these laws does it say anywhere about an upper, Far as when you buy an ar, The only numbers are on the reciever, Not the upper, So if your building one and don't have an upper what then, You can put all kinds of uppers on ar's now a days. When you go to register your ar,Take Just the lower with you and see what they say???? Thats all i have is a lower.

Guys, In these laws does it say anywhere about an upper, Far as when you buy an ar, The only numbers are on the reciever, Not the upper, So if your building one and don't have an upper what then, You can put all kinds of uppers on ar's now a days. When you go to register your ar,Take Just the lower with you and see what they say???? Thats all i have is a lower.

another option, understandably controversial, is don't register it at all

It is about the permit fees and sales taxes that will be collected. Since the New York City people do not own guns, they stuck this scam to the upstate residents who own guns and the businesses that depend on the spending of any discretionary spending money left over after the tax collectors take theirs. New York City people are laughing at us now.

I cringe when I see that commercial on Television every couple hours where that Governor with the Cheshire Cat Smile is telling us everything is fine as he takes our tax money at the same high rate as the last Albany Crew. When a lawyer says "do not worry" grab your wallet.

Did you notice how stiffly he's holding it and real close to his face? :D Somehow I don't think he did much skeet shooting in the hood back in Chicago :lol: