New NYS gun legislation????????

Legacy

NOTE: When I downloaded the above GUN FACTS PDF there was a trojan horse attached to or embedded within the file (PSW.Generic10.BHJA) and my anti-virus dealt with it. It could be a false read by the program but I just wanted all to know it is a possibility given the nature/popularity of the topic.

We might be taken seriously if our "spokesmen" for gun rights don't sound like deranged lunatics. Nugent always makes very compelling 2nd amendment arguements but at some point his crazy gene acts up and all his good points get forgotten. The end of the video shows two guys pointing and shooting their guns at the camera???? We need some intelligent conversation in the media. You are not going to sway a mother with kids about 2nd amendment rights with Nugisms.

NOTE: When I downloaded the above GUN FACTS PDF there was a trojan horse attached to or embedded within the file (PSW.Generic10.BHJA) and my anti-virus dealt with it. It could be a false read by the program but I just wanted all to know it is a possibility given the nature/popularity of the topic.

I have a Mac and had no issues ;) Thereare some very good statistics in the book, if worried about a virus don't download it just read it in your web browser.

Went to Bass pro today. All I can say is wow. It felt stressful there. Fear was definitely in the air. People were scrambling to get ammo. All the ammo was recorded. They took my drivers license and wrote down what ammo I took including the ammo's lot #. They have plenty of shot gun shells but normal rifle rounds like 30-06, 308, etc was thin.

One thing I found out (according to BP staff member) is that the assault features only apply to semi autos and not pumps.

In trying to figure out this hideous gun legislation passed by Governor Cuomo and his sheep in the legislature can someone here try and clear up some troubling questions I have about it. First of all the way I interpret this legislation is that the new law is not really about banning the so called "assault" rifles. It's real intention is to ban most handguns too because of the 7 round magazine limitation. Now if I'm interpreting this correctly...and I'm not sure I am...This new law is actually banning 80-85 percent of handguns too because of the limited magazine capacity. I say this because except for the smaller compact handguns, most handguns have magazine capacities of 8 or more bullets. If this is correct are the gun manufacturers going to make 7 bullet magazines to conform with the law in NY state or are they just going to say the hell with it and not sell the guns in NY? What I find more troubling here is that any challenge to this law on 2nd amendment rights won't hold any water because they didn't actually ban guns? They banned the bullet capacity of the guns which doesn't come under any 2nd amendment rights that I can see? Am I correct in assuming the real intention here? Can someone here please enlighten me?

your getting close...

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/0 ... t-make-it/

The following list (from reddit) are proposals that the Democrats in the New York State assembly wanted included in the recent gun ban bill, but didn’t make it through. It looks like they tried to keep this list a secret, but there’s an old phrase about sunlight and disinfectant.

Confiscation of “assault weaponsâ€

Confiscation of ten round clips

Statewide database for ALL Guns

Continue to allow pistol permit holder’s information to be replaced to the public

Label semiautomatic shotguns with more than 5 rounds or pistol grips as “assault weaponsâ€

Limit the number of rounds in a magazine to 5 and confiscation and forfeiture of banned magazines

Limit possession to no more than two (2) magazines

Limit purchase of guns to one gun per person per month

Require re-licensing of all pistol permit owners

Require renewal of all pistol permits every five years

State issued pistol permits

Micro-stamping of all guns in New York State

Require licensing of all gun ammo dealers

Mandatory locking of guns at home

Fee for licensing, registering weapons

Analogy: Kinda like when a constrictor squeezes the life out of its prey. Every time the prey give in a bit, it squeezes a little more. At some point the battle of life has been lost to the SNAKE.

If you have to register every firearm, you can bet there will be a fee at some point that will increase annually. Its not about creating a safe world for you and me to live in. It is about removing the only threat to a government about to run amuck. DHS and FEMA have been planning for this for years. Don't believe? - Put the koolaid down.

Food for thought: How often have you seen people in the news in arab countries throwing rocks? Do you know why they throw rocks? Because gun control works. If you are starting to let these ridiculous rules sink in and adjusting your lives to accomodate them then the snake is going to keep squeezing.

bsmaster, that analogy was dead-on. Not only for losing the 2nd amendment, but also for trying to be a small biz owner or even a citizen under this administration.

Remember, unless you live in a crowded rat-infested jungle of a city, you are considered a threat.

All moves being made right now are attacks on rural/suburban America, and independence in general.

Artificially high gas prices? Makes it harder to live on the outskirts. Drive them into the cities and take away their rights, then undermine economic growth and WALA! Now it is easier to control the sheeple.

"The snake" is dead-on accurate.

It is a plan that has been orchestrated for a very long time. It is now to the point where they show it right out in the open.

This documentary is a must see to realize just what it happening right before our eyes. We have been living it and commenting on it every day.

Taking away the guns is just a small part of it all.

Agenda: Grinding Down America........ It is long, but it is one documentary every freedom loving American should watch!

http://vimeo.com/52009124

so the real question is what we do about it?

You try to do things legislatively and justifyably (not words) but means what it states. When that fails to the end of justice, then our system of democracy has failed, and the government cannot protect you anymore when it is broke and the US DOLLAR is not a player in the world economy.

Programs for the subsistence of "dependent" citizens will cease. Energy costs will escalate due to the falling dollar. What happens next is survival of the fittest and anarchy in the cities that depend on the failed government. 21 trillion is the predicted fail point. Impeachment is the short answer. The oaths of office are being lied upon on the bible. Cuomo is a hypocritical spawn of Satan. Promotes murder of unborn children while saying he's making school children safer. Pure bunk. Recall and impeach.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Attached below is my response to a letter I received from Louise Slaughter (interestingly my reply to her letter encountered an email delivery failure...ah, hmmm) in response to an original email I sent her about proposed federal gun control legislation. If you want a copy of her letter pm me with your email addy and I will send it to you)

Bottom line is we need to flood Slaughter, Gillibrand, Schumer, Biden and Obama with our objections to their support for Feinstein's federal gun ban proposals. Even though the three NYS amigos are staunch supporters of stricter gun control, they need to hear our voices full force.

And probably more important, we need to actively educate our non gun friends, family and colleagues against the false and disingenuous misinformation they will be inundated with in the coming weeks and months, particularly messages from Obama and Biden that will be amplified by the anti-gun national and local media. I can't stress how important it is that we all do this in a strong yet polite way.

Guys the wolf is at the door, and he and his cronies drove up in an armored plated presidential limousine...

**********************************************************************************************

Dear Ms. Slaughter,

We are in agreement on the objective of reducing gun violence by criminals, unfortunately that is where our alignment ends with respect to gun control measures.

While like you I am grief-stricken by recent events, I am not going to let my emotions blind me into supporting legislation that primarily reduces the rights of law abiding citizens, while doing little in practical terms to impact a criminals ability to repeat these heinous crimes. We agree that action needs to be taken, but revisiting actions that are proven ineffective as a solution can not and will not be tolerated.

The main gun control arguments in your letter are flawed and ineffective...

> As is the case today, violent criminals will not purchase guns where background checks are required, and a very, very small percentage say they obtained their weapons at gun shows.

> Criminals will not take safe gun handling courses; again law abiding citizens are NOT the cause of violent gun deaths.

> Background checks for all guns will do little to affect a criminals ability to get a gun, and does nothing but create a database from which the government can confiscate guns from law abiding citizens (which we know is contemplated at the state and federal levels)

> The rights granted me by the Second Amendment have nothing to do with hunting or how many rounds I need to take game - this disingenuous argument is an anti-gun tactic to enlist the support of the general public.

> Any gun in the wrong hands can be used to kill someone. Modern Sporting Rifles, despite their cosmetics, are no more capable than any gun; they possess much less capability compared to our military weapons.

The above said, I will actively support legislation (existing and new) that are effective in deterring and/or punishing violent criminals and health initiatives that identify and prevent mentally-ill individuals access to firearms.

Ms. Slaughter, taking ineffective and emotionally driven action that infringes law abiding citizens Second Amendment rights is dangerous to our liberty and ill-advised - I will not support it, and will actively work against any person or organization that does.

Respectfully Yours,

*****************************************************************************************

Shorthanded, I hear ya! Sign EVERY petition you come across (I have signed 8 in the past week). Support the NRA and SCI..they do a TON for hunters and gun owners rights. VOTE, VOTE, VOTE...I have always voted and it doesnt always end up how I want BUT it matters and we CAN make a difference. We as sporstmen/gun owners HAVE to stick together. WE put these people in office, we have to make it KNOWN that WE are the people..not just them. If I hadn't heard about it too late I would have been at the rally at the capitol last week too! :( We HAVE to make our voices heard..period! -Tank

Funny thing these anti gun people think taking the law abiding gun owners gun away will keep the criminals from getting them. What a joke. I thought cocaine,meth,heroin and crack, was illegal. But for some odd reason its still on the streets and junkies will do anything to get there fix. Now how many people die from them? I.e. drugs,dealers, and junkies.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

My heart really goes out to you guys. My guns have already left NY state, and me and my family are following them as soon as possible. I know its a hard thing to do, but if more people were to leave maybe it would send a message. Things are getting worse by the day in this state and this new law is what a dictator does....NOT an elected official. "They" said the day would never happen when people would be going door to door confiscating weapons....well....looks like its here.

I truly hate to leave this state, I love the hunting and fishing opportunitys...but I will NOT live in a communist state. I didn't go to war twice and loose good friends to live like this.