Mr clean's Fair Haven Report

• 7 months later...

Well here we are end of February and it all looks....Like end of February lol. Good amount of lake effect around but the lake isnt frozen accept for the shoreline and the mid to south end of the bay as well. It wont be long 
May be an image of snow, body of water, tree, nature and sky

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Ohhhh they will get them in, That shouldnt be much issue. Plus it will rain and pick it up. We probably will end up with a great water level this year...

Edited by mrclean
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

After the heavy west winds. I figure its a good time to hit the lake. Water was muddy off the east side of the pier. Great color, nice chop. Should be a great year.Lots of fish but the water is still cold.
May be an image of text that says '147 200 HELIX5'

May be an image of fishing rod and body of water
May be an image of Matthew Bordonaro and body of water

• Like 1

Its fine. Its come up a decent amount. Boats are going in no problem.. The launch at turtle cove is a little tricky due to the drop off on the ramp. But the water does keep rising a little. We will be fine.
May be an image of body of water

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

The water is also low in fair haven. I find the state park launch to be best.

I was out last night. We didn’t move any rods. Marked some decent bait with fish mixed in 130-80 FOW. Fish at 50-80’.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• 8 months later...

Just as a heads up. Both village boat launches are still under construction. Once they are down which should be real soon they will both be in excellent much needed shape. You can still use the state park launch and the west barrier bar launch for smaller boats.

• Thanks 1

Looks  like the water level is up somewhat compared to last year and at a good level. Of course that means the lake is at a decent level. On a side note, don't know if others are aware but the state park is not open to camping or renting of cabins until 5/19/22 this year. This is state wide and not just at FairHaven, apparently in a cost saving attempt from what I have learned That sucks balls since we really enjoyed renting big cottages near the boat ramp. Maybe a little or lot of complaining can change that for next year hopefully.