Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Did anyone pick up green hornet yet?  

Phew!  I was kinda hoping that if you were still out there you could tell me if a mud line had set up. 

If I were still out there I would be part of the mudline haha. No I ended up bypassing the electric starter that had blown by using a rope stringer I had on the boat to manually pull start it.  Boy that first season of being a boat owner made me get to know my motor more than I ever knew I would. It was one thing after another but got everything worked out without any major catastrophes. Chomping at the bit to get out there before April

If I were still out there I would be part of the mudline haha. No I ended up bypassing the electric starter that had blown by using a rope stringer I had on the boat to manually pull start it.  Boy that first season of being a boat owner made me get to know my motor more than I ever knew I would. It was one thing after another but got everything worked out without any major catastrophes. Chomping at the bit to get out there before April
Better times to come Hornet! Hope all's well. Hoping to get out this spring once before I rebuild the Misty Harbor. She's getting scruffy in her old age. Only fitting I guess. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Posted (edited)

So here we are in the middle of fishing season the real battle is not between the human and the fish but rather the human and the virus....How does it feel to be hunted btw lol... Back in March fishing was hot. Kings, browns all being caught just outside the chute. Problem was nobody really could fish. For those that did make it out, they did well. Water was setup perfect. However now that we can get out to the lake the situation has changed there and fishing has been poor to say the least. How bad may you ask??? Welp charter captains have reduced themselves to pike fishing in the bay. Plain as that!. Will it change??? yes it will and of course this long running thread will continue to update us all....

Edited by mrclean

So here we are in the middle of fishing season the real battle is not between the human and the fish but rather the human and the virus....How does it feel to be hunted btw lol... Back in March fishing was hot. Kings, browns all being caught just outside the chute. Problem was nobody really could fish. For those that did make it out, they did well. Water was setup perfect. However now that we can get out to the lake the situation has changed there and fishing has been poor to say the least. How bad may you ask??? Welp charter captains have reduced themselves to pike fishing in the bay. Plain as that!. Will it change??? yes it will and of course this long running thread will continue to update us all....However in the meantime I would like to make a friendly suggestion to the charter captains in particular....

Your boats are not conductive to six foot distancing rules. I personally find it a little disturbing that I regularly see these boats going out with four sometimes five humans in the back (Some including children) and not one person is six foot away or more and not one person including the captains are  wearing masks....Im sure this is not across the board but please keep in mind that 99.9 and 9 thenths of your customers and in many cases you the captain of your vessel come from way outside this region. Many of your crew is local....I really think you should all start sporting masks...Maybe get creative and have masks made with your charter logo on it but do something because your not helping the situation.....Your ignoring it.....Enough said...

We will continue to update this thread on the fishing as we have done for the past seven years....In the meantime try and stay safe???

What caused the dramatic change? Was it the northeast wind last week followed by constant south winds?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Yea pretty much the winds did kill it. totally clear very cold water well below 50...We were hoping for some strong nw winds last weekend but that didnt happen....Obviously it should change cause of the time of year we are in