Mr clean's Fair Haven Report

They put it in last fall. It is just 5 foot past the pay shack. It was covered until April 1st. I was told to pay or leave. The empire pass looks better for $65. The park has the best launch around. Always was memorial day, unless you were camping. State should fix the holes in the road to get in there instead of funneling the $ to the city.

The crappie fishing has been bang on this year.  Particularly at the south end of the bay. As far as Browns the guys that did go out yesterday and today came back with 4-8 lb with an occasional 10er.....standard hardware applied lol...but this week should be fine. Its warming so thats good..

Thats pretty interesting about the park. Well I made it thru "watergate" I guess I can deal with "paygate" lol. A lot of similarities there, Heck I remember in the old days when the gate entrance was right at the drumlins camp section. By the time the kid got up from the shed chair you would be well past his ass towards the water. It was up to ernie the park manager to chase people down lol...

It is a great launch site, accomodates all size boats. But the public dock by LSI is good now, the public launch on king rd off west bay is fine. I think the water level is high enough you could even put a nice boat in the west barrier bar launch site. decent parking there too..any boats 21ft and under could utilize those options

Edited by mrclean

Well it was a beautiful night tonight . I took my shake down run for about an hour . Fish were stacked around the pier as they usually do toward evening. weather shifts tonight and tomorrow lets see if it stirs the water back.

12998672_10201474827830511_2724669540970

Man you should frame that pic. I can count on one hand the amount of times I have seen LadyO like glass. Although I had a time I'm just going to say 5-7 years ago we had a whole week when it was like that, you could go anywhere on the lake in a 12ft aluminum boat. It was hot no wind and the fishing sucked, but the boating was great. We managed a few eyes so at the clean station at the BRCG we were talking to a older gent, we told him where we went. He said we were in more places that he, in the 28 years he's been fishing LakeO!!! Yea we covered some turf that day. Only because we could and it was cool to see those areas. Hope this week fires the fish up so we get some other posts going, I've never saw the board this silent since I joined. I think 4 years ago.

Jealous of you guys who get to fish there during the week. For now I'm a weekend warrior. Out of work during the week at 330, it'd take me an hour to get to my boat in Fair Haven at least, half hour to set up, maybe on the water by 5:30, fish til dark, pack up, get home by 10:30pm or so...it's do-able once in a while but that 5am work alarm always comes too quick

Holy crap guys looking like 2ft or less till Sunday!! Those guys that can, take full advantage of this near perfect weekend conditionsâ˜€ï¸ ðŸ‘ðŸ‘