ANY IDEAS?

Adk1

I thought the same thing but no. the tube isnt really long enough. I am thinking that it is a base to an outrigger

think it is a rod holder the angle is too high for an outrigger mount....it sure isn't goingto break! :lol:

Edited by Sk8man

Good guesses everyone. I bought the boat last sept and really do not know what it is. I do not think that it is for the planer boards because there are two planer board reels mounted on each side of the boat on the rails. They look like they have been there for awhile. for now, it will be my net holder I think as long as it doesn't interfere with the planer board reel line which is right in front of it.

Is there a rod holder for the planner board?????  If not, that's it.  Planner board rods are generally kept high to keep the line from rod to release out of water.

Tom B.

(LongLine)

Is there a rod holder for the planner board?????  If not, that's it.  Planner board rods are generally kept high to keep the line from rod to release out of water.

Tom B.

(LongLine)

Yes, actually there is a homemade SS 3 tube rod holder on both sides just aft of the planer board wheels on both sides so that is not it. I will contact the person I bought it from and find out.

I would suggest it is a rod holder in original form but is adapted to a planner mast holder. Looking at the planner reel it has a line guide aimed in the direction of the heavy duty holder. It is a way to be able to get the boards more forward of the boat and be able to reel them from the cockpit area. It has been modified to be strong enough to pull the big boards...evidently...at least it'd be what I would do.:rolleyes:

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2