south end of seneca

Nice brown and good going....must have been great just smelling the water and taking it all in....smart to take very opportunity you can.  Looks as though it will take a while for the water to warm up this year....long way to go from 35 degrees :lol: Good luck and stay safe out there.

Edited by Sk8man

Thanks Les! There was ice at the launch, guy coming in got skunked. Fingerling alwife and Carmel dolphin sd ito white fly blue beads saved the day! Good luck Friday guys!

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Steelydan what time are you going out? I plan on launching around 10 am or so. Kind of late I know but got my 10 and 7 yr old going with us....trying to keep the kiddos warm is alway a challenge.

-Jeremy

we plan on launching at first light. going to go after browns and LL until around 10am then out to lakerville for the rest of the day. i will be in a 19' kenner C.C. i will report how we do.

Edited by steelydan

Fish still on winter pattern deep bait!attachicon.gif1395232003199.jpg

i was hoping the browns were in tight to the shore, that's were i am going to start. looks like i will be moving out deeper than i planned. nice brown.

same here, maybe i will see you out there jeremy. and good luck to you and your kids. my son will be in school and my daughter is only 8 months old. thanks for the breakdown nautitroller.

Ill be out there saturday i think. Orange and white starcraft. Cant miss me

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

i will let you know how we did. i am going to start off shallow with boards, but it sounds like i will be out deeper early. tight lines

Dan...

fishing was tough today. we went 3 for 6. wind was pretty bad and the lake was rolling. floating debris was making it next to impossible to use the inline planers. picked up most bites in front of salt plant in 170' down between 40' and 80' on rapalas. water is very cold at 33.4 deg.

attempting to go out sunday afternoon little worried about the wind turning north is there anyone going sunday am that can give a wave report?  its a decent drive so if its rough i'd love to know ahead of time and i'll fish the north end

The projected weather for tomorrow wind-wise looks like WSW 10-20mph isn't real great especially with gusts that may be higher. The availability of help at this time of year is not great either and Seneca is no "picnic" in the wind period.  There is always another weekend. Sometimes it pays to be patient and re-schedule. For whatever reason it is usually when you are most "vulnerable" out there that engines die or batteries go dead etc.  and having had such problems in the past. I'd say it may be wise to spend the day rigging equipment or sharpening hooks at home....never a good time to push our luck when the weather  is like this.            

Which species? Sounds like where I hit the fish also. Seneca is tough to figure out!

we got 2 browns about 18" to 20" and a small 20" laker