Hello All,

I am pleased to say that both the main motor and the kicker started up and ran perfectly today.  I had to don chest waders to launch, and by the time I got back, the docks were put in.  Now that's what I call service!

Went many hours without a strike.  I am new to the "shallow spring browns" game, and wondered what I was doing wrong.  I kept reminding myself that, in LO, you are always one 10 pound fish away from having a great day.   At least it was enjoyable watching the huge flights of migrating waterfowl.  One of these days I am going to learn all the different species of duck.  There are always ones on LO that I don't see inland.

First strike came around 11:00.  Then I had about a 2 hour spree of getting many hits.  I landed 7 fish.  All browns except for a big 29 inch laker.  The last fish was a treat.  Smashing strike on my outside planer board, follwed by a run.  Big silvery jump, made me wonder if I hooked a salmon.  Played him carefully and landed a 28 inch male brownie - biggest I ever caught from a boat.

28SndBrn.jpg

Then it got cold and a breeze kicked up.  So I quit around 3:00.

So great to be fishing again.  i guess you all can imagine!

Pete Collin

www.pcforestry.com