What I like about trolling on Lake Ontario in summer

Patriot

Rolling out of the harbor at the crack of dawn with a cup of hot coffee in hand checking out the sunrise and suppressing my excitement about what might happen next. :) It's kinda like some other things in life....I've done it thousands of times but it is always as good as  the first time :lol:

post-145411-0-26738400-1419599967_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sk8man

Oswego or Sodus Pro-AM on the East end - you know Vince has KINGS on his mind.....65 degrees ambient temp, light south breeze and chop to match with the sun coming up over the Eastern horizon.

We set down,  the screen lights up with Bait and targets (when in the right water), Nick puts the first rod in, Vin and I work on the divers while Steph drives the Northie, WAITING for the first rigger to pop or the first diver to get CRUSHED.  THIS is LIVING!!!!

Merry Christmas,

Dex

Team Thrillseeker

For me it's walking down the dock to the boat in the dark before a tournament! All the boats are lit up, all you can see is rods and nets high in the sky, the anticipation on all the teams faces! Then one by one you start to hear engines fire up! Untie the boat and heading out the shoot with some of the most beautiful boats on either side of you!! Once you hit the lake it's game time! That's the best for me, I truly love tournament fishing!

Edited by JakeyBaby

For me it's walking down the dock to the boat in the dark before a tournament! All the boats are lit up, all you can see is rods and nets high in the sky, the anticipation on all the teams faces! Then one by one you start to hear engines fire up! Untie the boat and heading out the shoot with some of the most beautiful boats on either side of you!! Once you hit the lake it's game time! That's the best for me, I truly love tournament fishing!

One of my favorite pictures on my phone. Taken from Pete (On the Lams) boat.

post-149334-0-11964500-1420029262_thumb.jpg

I hear ya Guppy. I just bought this boat 2 months ago and I'm going nuts because I can't rig it until spring. Got new Cannon's and a Fish Hawk, that was all it needed. I bought my first Penn Yan back in 92 in the fall also, so I needed to wait until spring for that.

It felt like the night before Christmas when I was a kid but for 6 months :)

I hope its a good year for all of us.

post-143614-0-50473400-1420033699_thumb.jpg