Yotes

whaler1

Most guys don't trespass on purpose while running dogs. I had some coon hunters on my property once. I saw their lights from my house. When I drove up to see what they were doing they had lost one of their dogs and were tracking it's gps collar. They had 3 other dogs with them and they were leashed. It was obvious to me they were not hunting, so I wasn't upset with them. In fact, I had such a problem with coons killing my chickens I gave them permission to shoot every coon they could off my property. Within about a month they had solved my problem and I was glad I ran into them. I'm not saying i'm for trespassing at all, but I think most times it's either by mistake or for good reason. If someone has a dog on the run and has to track down a landowner in the middle of the night, that dog could be half way crossed the county by the time they get back on it's trail. 

What's with the snow camo? There ain't much snow on the ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobi

Can't get the Walkers to wear Real Tree. Guess the guy won't wear it either lol. I will say that yotes see movement more so than cammo pattern. Fair point though, it wouldn't have been my first choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

who's collar  do use and your opinion on them, or if you think there is a better one out. I have mut, part hound something, that loves to run yotes but I sure don't want to loose her

Edited by scobar

Wondering what the regs are for tresspassing while running dogs.... Awful lot of it around my parts

Dogs unfortunately don't read posted signs and neither do coyotes. Yes it causes problems! Its not uncommon to start a coyote on land you have permission to hunt and end up 10+ miles from there when you finally get the coyote. It gets really dicey when the dogs are on posted property and the coyote wont run off the posted property. I was stopped at gunpoint trying to get to the dogs on posted property. I couldn't find the owners as they were in the woods looking for us and finally the dogs were too close to a major road and I had to trespass or risk the dogs. I gave the land owner my drivers license and told them the only way I wasnt gonna get the dogs was if they shot me. After the dogs were caught I explained where we started and what happened and they chose not to press charges. We try to hunt areas where people know what is going on, but its really up to the coyote. We haven't had snow to run on here, but we are running this weekend anyway.

We use garmin astro collars...they make it so much easier than the old radio collars!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Sent from my XT1080 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

This guy came in during bow season with two others. They chased the does that were hanging around my stand. During gun he came in on a dead run after I called with a bleat can. Looking for dinnerpost-152611-14211017539762_thumb.jpg. [attachment=20407:ImageUploadedByLake Ontario United1421101674.546545.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United