Legacy- 2015 Deer Season

Legacy

Things seem strangely slow. Yesterday afternoon I saw a doe and fawn at 6:20 pm

They are not moving well right now. Camera had been in for over a week and very few pictures and just doe.

I looked back at previous years and have killed buck twice on Oct 20th last year and 2010

But there was much more deer activity going on. I'm pulling back for a couple days 

Yeah I haven't had tons of activity but things do seem different this year than the past. I have been out spotting a couple times and have seen 20+ deer in 1 sq. mile but come morning/afternoon there is nothing around. Tells me they are bedding during the day and moving at night, probably has something to do with the warmer daytime temps.

Almost hit two bucks with my car last Saturday that crossed in front of my at 11:00 am.  This time of year I don't get up early.  Be in your stand by 9 am to catch those late rising bucks in the 10:00 - 12:00 window then go get lunch.....then hunt the evening.

Well guys i know a lot of you are putting in some time. With time comes scent. We are at 3 weeks of hunting who knows if anybody else is hunting those areas. Deer can smell you.I'm Sure you might see a nice buck once in awhile right now. I like to wait. I hunt kendal small area. Next weekend will be the time to sit your ass all day and wait. Be patient good thing happen at the right time.

A nice break from NY until all he'll breaks loose...

The wife and I spent the day offshore of Aruba, somewhere in the middle of Columbia, Venezuela, and Aruba. We chartered the beautiful 53' Hatteras known on the island as "Ola". No luck in our search for billfish but the Mahi kept us busy!

Sent from my E6782 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-139598-14453779208282_thumb.jpg

post-139598-14453779438049_thumb.jpg

post-139598-14453779575247_thumb.jpg

post-139598-14453779827145_thumb.jpg

post-139598-14453779982942_thumb.jpg

Does anyone ever have much luck with rattling in Monroe and surrounding counties? I probably put more time in a tree then most and have tried it for YEARS and still have never has success with it? Have heard from people that it works great??? Not for me, as I have yet to rattle one in I still try and try again.