Legacy- 2015 Deer Season

Legacy

I hung a new stand last week due to the deer getting in the one area later and less chance to spook them. I was pumped last night to smoke a big buck in the am until I double checked the regs last depressing to say the least . Ive had 3 bucks grunting up a storm so far and nothing but does with baby's in range

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Nice 1st morning. Had a button buck feed right past me,then a little bit later a mature doe.She parked right in front of me broadside at 12 yds for 20 minutes. She was acting squirrelly.I knew she couldn't wind or see me. Sure enough she starts to move off and an 8 pt comes right down the trail lightly grunting and starts to chase her.They got behind me and another doe was there also.He got the point nobody was interested in his advances and moved off. Could have killed all except the doe behind me.

The buck as he passed by going after the doe

p0u9l.jpg

t6dv14.jpg

Seen some good scrape activity and a couple of really decent bucks this morning...my buddy had two within twenty five yards from the stand, an eight and a nine, either of which could have been shooters if he'd wanted, and we bumped two that were traveling together as we were checking the cameras. Both were outside their ears. I am very hopeful that some decent ones are going to start showing up. The pic is from last night, so probably one of the bucks we saw this morning.

Back at it soon on some stands that haven't seen any pressure yet this year. I'm in the mood to get some product made at Constanza's, so a doe may hit the dirt tonight.

post-139711-0-58335700-1445105447_thumb.jpg

Had a group of four 5 or 6 year old kid adventurers come through and I'm hunting from the ground so I think we equally scared the crap out of each other. Talked to them about hunting for a minute and they went on their way. I don't think it'll affect this last hour and a half too much seeing this spot is a bunch of back yards.

Get settled in my best treestand way before first light with a lot of anticipation. 650 the neighbor decides it's time to show our other neighbor his new tractor. Awesome morning it will not be. He is now run in him around the woods as they yell over the engine. Gotta love yuppies

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app