Coyotes and Fox 2016/2017

whaler1

Red LED is the best you can get white and green spooks them faster. If you just blast them in the eyes with a high power green led they will bolt fast. Same with deer and everything else I've lit up. That green does light up the night though. White LED is not as bad if you just light above them and slowly bring it into there eye's it might be OK but red is pretty much the best it will glow there eyes way out there and not blind everything including me.

Very interesting!! I know my brother had those nail guns they are nasty, you can shoot a nail through a steel beam. When he built my house we have 3 different beams in 3 different places, different offsets and the main beam, I didn't want all those posts sticking up. The main beam was 3/8" thick and those shells shot right threw like nothing. But a good red lens that defuses the light is way better than the green lights. I went to a Dennis Kirk seminar and he like kept saying not to shine directly on the critters but let the hued light on the critter, then commence fire!! LOL what kind of damage did the bullet do on the kill shot, or didn't you pull an autopsy, like we do do see the bullet performance, we are always looking for the best bullet performances at the fastest speed, and before it blows up into shrapnel. Want a nice big rolled over mushroom with an exit hole at its peak size. I will look more into the shell itself now that I know where it originated. Thanks for the info. PAP.

Something like what said above has put many yotes to sleep, I carry 2 guns my shot gun and my 25/06 kinda a little big but I don't track to much. I'm not a pelt keeper. 10 years ago soon to 11 years ago LOL I knocked one down with my 220 swift, a far shot but blood stopped and tracks kept going, one night my brother and I were want to hunt the same golf course and he said let's take the 25/06 and sure as shyt one come out about 200+ I settled the crosshairs a little above the front blade touched of the Ruger off and he never moved. We were in a 3 day contest that our gun club puts on every year and we took first place with a weight of 43 1/2lbs!! I took my fish scale and it read 45lbs I new we were in the money but had no idea we'd taken 1ST place and $1800.00 that was the highlight of my yote career!! With out my light man just letting the hue of the light to get to the dog I don't believe we would have bagged this wise old guy!! God bless my brother as he's no longer with us due to cancer, 61 years old

Sort of old fashioned here.  When we lite at nite, we make sure there are no branches over head or wires or anything that will reflect the lite or show motion to them. The main beam always stays in the sky, we never beam them or anything they can see.  Move the lite very slowly with just the edge of the dull lite (penumbra) slowly touching the ground.  Have not used colored lites.  s seems to work for us.....jk

Well then wipe them off if there to dirty!!LOL:lol: couldn't resist I know what you mean there Whaler. This is what happens to my brain when, there's no ice to fish, last day of flintlock season was today. No snow to rabbit hunt, not that one needs snow, but it's more fun!! Plus I don't have any hunting beagles anymore, just my couch beagle. LOL after this weekend we can go at night predator hunting!! The good OL' Pa. Game Commission found another way to dig into our pockets, since yotes are a predator we NEVER needed a fur takers license, now to hunt at night we need a fur takers license, another $25.00 along with our hunting license and muzzleloader tag, doe tags. Where does it end!! Now our gasoline tax of .08 on the gallon brings fuel to $ 2.75 around here.:@ here's to you governor Wolf  :mooning:  I PAP LOU proud member approves this message!!! WTF?

Edited by pap

3 hours ago, DaveT said:

Hey Pat, PA flintlock season closes January 14. you have another week of frustration and freezing ( fun).

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

OH Shyt I thought yesterday was the last? Thanks for the heads up DT. As for the other posts below, are you Freaken kidding me or what about the wench being your governor? No way we need her and the entire pod of posies the FFF out of government!! You need to NOT let this happen by any means!! When did this come about??

Stonean2006,  Well tell us your secret set?  lure?  trap? anchor?  no secrets here.....jk

Fox was big dirt hole with bridger 2 dogless offset 2 coil that earth ancor wouldn't drive so I wired to closest tree (10 yards) Jeff Dunlap lighting in a bottle on the lip of hole and his rage predator bait down the hole.

Coyote was new duke square jaw number 2 offset 4 coil with 18 in super stake on chain. With a micro dirt hole in a mound ( 5 foot tall dirt mound) with it bedded in front with hay all around trap and hole. Cavens gusto lure and cavens hiawatha bait.

Hope they keep moving

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Have to correct my post of this morning  

"Those rumors that Hillary Clinton might run for mayor of New York City? Don’t believe it, one longtime Clinton confidante said Sunday -- 2016 was Clinton’s last campaign ever.

“I don’t expect her to ever run for any elected office again,” Neera Tanden, the head of the think tank the Center for American Progress and a former top Clinton aide, told CNN’s “State of the Union.”

Tanden was asked about the New York City mayor possibility after the New York Post editorial board ran a piece encouraging her to challenge incumbent Democratic Mayor Bill de Blasio, who will be up for reelection this fall. “New York City needs Hillary Clinton to run for mayor,” the editorial board wrote."    New York you lucked out.....jk

39 minutes ago, wishinfishin said:

stoneam2006, nice job on the gray fox, I never trapped any but shot a few calling, and they are not as easy to skin as red fox.

They may not skin as easy as a red, but they are one of the easiest critter with 4 legs to call in. If your into predator calling and can't call a crow in, it's best you look for another hobbie. :lol:   By the way that is a beautiful full bodied grey!! Congrats 

Edited by pap