Legacy- 2016 Deer Season

Legacy

I backed out and giving it time. Not sure if i will wait over night or head back after a fews hours. 55 yard broadside shot. He turned and he ran acrossed the field into the woods and went down. 75 yards from impact. I waited 40 minutes but unfortunately i bumped him on my way out. Good thing was he looked hurt and he looked like he went down again. i marked the blood trail with a stick and backed out. Gonna be a long night. 

yes 8a

Congrats my friend, if anyone deserves this one it's you Bud!! If you bumped him and he had enough snot to get up on all 4's I'd wait, but it's YOUR call, can't wait till morn. Either. What did you paste him with??

Congrats!! Look forward to pics in the coming hours. The whitetails will to survive always surprises and amazes me. I guess thats what 3.5 million years of evolution will do to a species of herbivores....Make them survivors.

That said, Even the toughest critter cant overcome .50 cal at 55 yards for long. Good luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I backed out and giving it time. Not sure if i will wait over night or head back after a fews hours. 55 yard broadside shot. He turned and he ran acrossed the field into the woods and went down. 75 yards from impact. I waited 40 minutes but unfortunately i bumped him on my way out. Good thing was he looked hurt and he looked like he went down again. i marked the blood trail with a stick and backed out. Gonna be a long night. 

WTG - you deserve it! I've enjoyed this thread more than any other in LOU history. If you have coyotes, I might just give it a go tonight and at least take another look around 8 or 9 PM. If you bump him again, back out til the AM. What did the blood look like? And no assholes to comment on your shooting time? Amazing!!

Good luck - you will find him for sure

Chris

I hit a big 8 with a 270, hit him slightly lower then I thought as he was walking up hill slightly and I couldn't get him to stop so I sent it.

Jumped him 3 times three hrs after the shot and didn't finally get that buck killed and on the ground in my hands till 3 days after the first shot. Just saying.

Where I hunt is coyote infested.

Buck had no front legs to run on and was bulldozing a couple hundred yards at a time.

3 rd day finally seen where he bulldozed over a log pile and a barb wire fence after losing blood for a day. He was a 100 yds from log pile and still needed 2 more shots to end it. Total he went close to 600 yds.

That's why I give them time and don't push them.

I won't talk about the pushing them stories and loses they suck.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United