Legacy- 2016 Deer Season

Legacy

Sitting back by the edge of a large swamp this morning, hoping that the new snow will encourage early trackers/pushers to move some deer to me. My over-under  is 5 doe and a small buck by 9 am.

Deer Management:

An 8 pointer, 4 pointer and a button buck are standing by a field browsing on acorns.

The 8 pointer says,
'I'm happy with my 10 does, we're really getting along.'

The 4 pointer says,
'I'm happy as heck with my 5, they really take care of me!'

The Button buck says,
'My two are all right, better than nothing I guess.'

Then all of a sudden a GIANT 14 pointer walks out into the field.

The three bucks had never seen anything like him before, they were in awe.

The big buck made a huge scrape and pissed in it, rubbed a tree the size of a telephone pole and snapped it off at the ground!

The three bucks looked on in amazement.

The 8 pointer says,
'I could probably get by with 4 does...........
Who really needs 10 anyway?'

The 4 pointer says,
'You know.............. come to think of it, I only really use one or two of mine!'

The button buck was silent, as the other two bucks look over to him in confusion.

Suddenly the Button buck runs out into the middle of the field!

He rips and tears up some grass........ 
pisses all over the place,
snorts & wheezes,
rubs his head raw on a tree,
and chews a lickin branch clean off!

Then he runs back over to his buddies.

His friends immediately ask him,
'What the heck are you doing!?'

I'm just makin' sure that big son of a gun knows I'm a buck!'

I seen Lots of 4 wheel drive tree stands riding the roads buddy stands and all. I never understood the truck riding thing looking for deer. Lol.

I always see more deer in the woods then on the road.

To each there own I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

what area do you hunt Willy?

what area do you hunt Willy?

I actually hunt a few different areas!!

The road riding I was seeing was in Albany county on my way to go look at some equipment at a friends farm.

I Had to have got behind 6 different trucks going 5mph and not watching the road or mirrors. Lmao. The one was real serious and did 5mph for prolly 5 miles till I blew by him.

Where is the robo buck when you need him.

Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Deer Management:

An 8 pointer, 4 pointer and a button buck are standing by a field browsing on acorns.

The 8 pointer says,'I'm happy with my 10 does, we're really getting along.'

The 4 pointer says,

'I'm happy as heck with my 5, they really take care of me!'

The Button buck says,

'My two are all right, better than nothing I guess.'

Then all of a sudden a GIANT 14 pointer walks out into the field.

The three bucks had never seen anything like him before, they were in awe.

The big buck made a huge scrape and pissed in it, rubbed a tree the size of a telephone pole and snapped it off at the ground!

The three bucks looked on in amazement.

The 8 pointer says,

'I could probably get by with 4 does...........

Who really needs 10 anyway?'

The 4 pointer says,

'You know.............. come to think of it, I only really use one or two of mine!'

The button buck was silent, as the other two bucks look over to him in confusion.

Suddenly the Button buck runs out into the middle of the field!

He rips and tears up some grass........ 

pisses all over the place,

snorts & wheezes,

rubs his head raw on a tree,

and chews a lickin branch clean off!

Then he runs back over to his buddies.

His friends immediately ask him,

'What the heck are you doing!?'

I'm just makin' sure that big son of a gun knows I'm a buck!'

That's awesome!! Yea I'd wanna make sure also. I'd rather have my ass kicked, then well you know the rest of the story.

Today is the last for rifle season 2016, some say it was the best in years, where others say it was the worst!!. From my point of view the big gangs did poorly, were the two-four man groups did well. Yesterday a 20+ Men gang made 6 chases which took all day and covered hundreds of acres to get out 1 doe which a junior hunter shot. Meanwhile my brother in law myself, and grandpa had two bucks out and many doe's out we didn't chase we just walked stop listen type drive not hoot and holler smack trees ect, I shot a buck, and Grandpa Missed a True Trophy I talked to the man who owns the farm and he said they knew it was around, but never could put eyes on him during the season, I think Paaw got a little shaky when that big guy showed himselfLOL I counted 90 paces from where the leaves were ripped up to my string tied to the treeLOL, I've watched him take a smaller buck years a go flat out running away at a less than a 45* angle two shots with his 350, so standing at 90 yards- you know what I mean. Next is Flintlock season which opens the day after Christmas, those that have their buck tag can go anywhere in the state while those with just a doe tag must hunt that area that represents their tag, such as 3D covers the area around home. I'm done I didn't get a doe tag. Next year I will have one!! Now that I broke the ice physically and mentally, it was a huge step for me litterly!!. Best of luck to all!!