BayRats

BayRats

Last year all I heard about were BayRats , but were hard to get. This year I"m all set to drop some coin and I'm not seeing much chatter about them. Maybe it"s just a little early in the season yet. Hope so. I'm looking to target browns in either the Mexico or Sodus area. Any suggestions on color and size would be most helpfull.

goby and brown trout candy are 2 must haves in the 3 1/2 inch shallow diver.they run about 7' at 2 mph.you may want to get a couple s3 shallow divers, they claim they run 1 to 3 feet if you will be fishing shallow.

Order them right from the company. The short shallows was the word on the east end and the bigger short shallows on the west end. The above colors mentioned is spot on no matter what end of the lake your on!!

Don't believe everything you see or hear with Cabela's they might have them in the main warehouse or in stores near Erie, I've been shot down a few time from the one in Hamburg Pa. The manager told me as I was so pizzed off I was making a scene as they didn't have 1 damn thing I went for, but it's on sale in the flyer that comes to the house. The Hamburg store only has 30% of what's in the catalog, and they up their inventory of what they already carry during whatever season it is. Then everytime I go when they have a so called sale, they only alot so many to be sold in a days time, I said this is bull shyt, I drove an hour and a half to save on shipping and you ain't got shyt!! I got sorry Sir we can order it to this store for free but not to your house. Buy from a place that makes money solely from fishing supply's and stay away from the big box stores!!!  WWWHHOO got that off my chest now I feel  better!!!!

pap I feel for ya, There isnt a store close to me but I was traveling once up to Buffalo so i stoped in the Cabelas there, no one could help me with gps/fish finders , the rods i wanted they didnt have in stock, nor the reels or tackle i wanted. I was amazed I walked out without spending a dam penny. Not to mention how pissed I was with the non talented sales people.

Capt Mike.... those purple Rats look great.....

A few weeks ago YankeeTroller, Legacy , and I had the opportunity to tour the BayRat factory. First thing I noticed was the factory was very clean and organized. Damian ( the owner) and his crew explained how each lure is made, and how each lure is painted. Bayrats are 100% American made ( even the hooks). I was impressed at the attention to detail, the warranty on all baits, and the honest commitment to anglers.Not only do they make great baits, but they are hard core anglers....
Last Spring, Rats sore lipped dozens of BTs. I picked up some bigger Rats this year to try on some bigger toothy critters....

Sent from my SM-T550 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I had to have some custom lures made up. They will work well for me for walleye. I got 14-17 divers and 20-25 divers. IMG_20170401_102520134_zpsyfdafces.jpg

Capt. Michael Weaver. Pure Fishing Ambassador

I see a Martian face in there!

Money doesn't buy happiness,
but it does buy horsepower....
I've never seen a sad person in a boat haulin' A$$...!

Green Glow Frog long shallow was hot for me last summer for inland lake walleye (in Michigan). Out performed everything else I was using, at least for August fishing. haven't tried Bay Rats for browns yet, but am looking forward to it. Too many options and too many colors! I have all long shallows so far - gobie, glow frog, orange, black. Their quality is worth the $. I ordered direct from Bay Rat. Walmart.com sells them now. I went to a Cabelas and the fishing guy didn't know what I was talking about. Grrr.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

On April 8, 2017 at 9:15 AM, LakerTaker said:

Green Glow Frog long shallow was hot for me last summer for inland lake walleye (in Michigan). Out performed everything else I was using, at least for August fishing. haven't tried Bay Rats for browns yet, but am looking forward to it. Too many options and too many colors! I have all long shallows so far - gobie, glow frog, orange, black. Their quality is worth the $. I ordered direct from Bay Rat. Walmart.com sells them now. I went to a Cabelas and the fishing guy didn't know what I was talking about. Grrr.

Now why doesn't that surprise me, Cabela's dude didn't even know what you were talking about?? How that store stays above water I'll never know. There fishing dept. certainly isn't their bread and butter. Must be their clothing dept. Sorry to hear your frustrating fishing dept. story, one thing for sure, your not alone!!

Thanks PAP, they weren't the only store that didn't know what I was talking about. I always tell myself that if I worked a job like that I would try to do a little research into what I was selling and what other products are out there. The attitude, however, that I am sometimes met with is that 'I will sit back and wait to see what corporate sends us.' Hence all the more reason to shop at your local bait shop or company-direct. I am a collector, I buy way more lures than I need - my wife thinks I need a lure-addiction support group. I walk into those stores excited, researched-up, and ready to buy. I wish that same excitement was reciprocated. Is that too much to ask? Maybe.

Last weekend we got 3 on brown trout candy, the short shallow one. Fishusa has been having sales on them also.

I agree with others and have not been impressed with cabelas in Cheektowaga's selection in the fishing dept. I thought they would have some stock so you can actually see something in person. Often I have a list of what I want to look at and end up at Dicks or Gander or going online. I think they are catering to the bass guys as you can find a ton of bass stuff. Even though they are close to erie they still don't seem to have the walleye stuff I go to look at.

goby and brown trout candy are 2 must haves in the 3 1/2 inch shallow diver.they run about 7' at 2 mph.you may want to get a couple s3 shallow divers, they claim they run 1 to 3 feet if you will be fishing shallow.

April 20th they open up. Can't wait!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I will second those colors

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app