• 42 Lbs +
    • 41 Lbs.
    • 40 Lbs.
    • 39 Lbs.
    • 38 Lbs.
    • 37 Lbs.
    • 36 Lbs
    • Under 36 Lbs.

Would like to see it happen but I don't think a 40#'er is in the near future, at least for this year. I always use the Orleans Co. Derby as a barometer to gage the king size. For usually the matures are returning home at that time, and this provides a decent outlook as to what to expect. I know a 37 was taken out East but in general, I see a mid 30's winning it this year. Slightly over last years weight. Current Orleans stands @ 28-12. So I'm going with a 34-8 king taking top honors. Irregardless of what takes it, The boys from Michigan would give thier eye tooth for a 30, that we sometimes take for granted. Lake Ontario reigns supreme. The real "Home of the King " :D

I said 36. There was a 35.47 taken in the GOSD tourney in Canada. That is a lot bigger than last years GOSD. The Summer LOC winner was 31.14, 3 lbs bigger than last years winner. It will be interesting to see how big and the port it comes from.

i'm sticking with between 36 and 37 and 29 the bottom. hopefully someday the 40 pounders will return but i'm not real optimistic about it. back then in 2 different fall eslo's we weighed in 34lbs. and change kings that didn't even place at the end. be great to connect on one of them now. it's still a great fishery and i hope we can maintain what we got.

The big boyz that have been hangin' out on the north shore appear to be on the move back towards "home".

I'd imagine that there will be some IMPRESSIVE fish taken in the next few weeks.

I'd bet you'll see a 40+ take the derby.

I'm sure the Fish Doctor (Ernie) is out east somewhere and has a 40+ tied up that way. LOL

I'll bet there's a 40+ out there to be landed. There's a lot of reports of "screamers" breakin off or straightening hooks etc.... Good luck to all in the derby.

Shawn

The big boyz that have been hangin' out on the north shore appear to be on the move back towards "home".

Oh so true SWII,it's been the slowest I've seen it this season,this past week.

Boats in the western basin averaging 1 or less mature in a morning,bad or no picture aswell(but the bait & temps are still very good).

Boats running out 12-15 miles(blue zone) that are in the G.O.S.D. derby(Kings only) just to move rods with bows and 2 yr old Kings.

• 3 weeks later...