womans first salmon fishing trip ever.pending genetic testing to be sure it is not a hybrid,and pending the test of the 30 feet or so of line bob submitted,this would be a world record fish and possibly an igfa line class record.

Im waiting to see a picture of this bruiser. It would have taken 1st place in the salmon divison of the fall LOC....not GP thats a big coho.

LET SEE THE PICTURE..... :D

I spoke with this girl at the cleaning station at Jellystone yesterday. We were cleaning a 28lb king...she came over and said "nice fish....but mine was bigger" ;) She was obviously very proud and showed me a pic of it on her cell phone. It was her first trip salmon fishing. She figured they wouldn't need a loc ticket for just a 4 hour trip. Her husband took the first fish. If I recall correctly she wanted to watch how it was done. Next/last fish was the brute. Took her 35 min. to land the fish.

I told her to quit Salmon fishing...she'll have a tough time topping this trip.

It was a real purdy fish. I saw it while gassing up. Bob was pretty excited - he was on cloud nine. He took it the Salmon River hatchery and they confirmed it as a Coho. Not only a coho, but the new world record. It was so big, we all thought it was a king but the head looked a bit strange for a king, sort or pea soup green.

This is Bob's last year chartering on Ontario but he will still be chartering on Champlain.