Legacy -The 2019 Season-

Legacy

Ohio day 3
January 6 pm
40 degrees
WSW wind 5 -10 mph
Sunny

Lots of critter activity this afternoon but no big boys. 14+ deer total including one small buck. Turkeys. Coyote.
No big boys from the stand by anyone today. Only big one seen was from the road at 530 this morning.
One more day to go.

IMG_20200106_172140436.jpeg

Sent from my moto z4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

At this point the mature deer are going to be in cover, no need for them to feed in daylight at this point, need temps to help with that... they been pressured since october...

Sent from my SM-J327V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Actually since Sept, but he’s got a great chance still with Ohio’s short gun season, and only one buck keeps the pressure a lot lower than what we see in NY in most areas.

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

1 hour ago, dvdegeorge said:

IMG_0884.JPGIMG_0890.JPG

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United mobile app

looks great

I just picked up my Costanza's slim stick order yesterday and I was disappointed for the first time ever..... the sticks were undercooked, pale appearing and very wet. Yes, I know I can dry them myself but his quality was lacking this year and I paid 10.00/pound so I shouldn't have to finish them myself

• Like 1

Yikes!! I have 20 lbs there now, hope I don’t have the same results. Every year I give a friend a bunch of ground and he gives me some of what he has made there. This year I gave him an extra 20 lbs for sticks and salami. I love the stuff in the freezer from Swan’s, hope the Costanza’s is as good.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

30 minutes ago, whaler1 said:

Yikes!! I have 20 lbs there now, hope I don’t have the same results. Every year I give a friend a bunch of ground and he gives me some of what he has made there. This year I gave him an extra 20 lbs for sticks and salami. I love the stuff in the freezer from Swan’s, hope the Costanza’s is as good.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I love Costanza's and have never had a problem for the past 17 years since I moved to Ontario. The cheddar slims were perfectly done, just the mild slims were "soft". I could just tell when I picked them up as the casing was lighter pink in color, they were a little bigger and the casings weren't wrinkly like DVD's above pic.

They tasted fine, but I just like them a little drier.

I'm sure it's simply b/c they didn't dry them out enough.