Are hunting and fishing truly on the way out?

Sk8man

It is well worth the effort....my son has been fishing with me since age 2 1/2 ( even ice fishing etc.) and we're still doing it almost 40 years later.:smile:

Edited by Sk8man
  • Like 1

my grandson at 18 months trolling lake francis in NH,

my son and my grandson at 21 months on a lake in Mass, and

my 25 year old daughter last march 3 months pregnant on lake hiwassie, NC

every minute outdoors will pay huge dividends for their confidence and self esteem and the memories will live longer than we do

keep it up folks

we got this!!!!!

IMG_0084.JPG

IMG_0203.JPG

IMG_2305.JPG

Edited by ri rory
fix

Very cool! Those Redfish are a blast aren't they? We caught them on light tackle in the salt marshes in South Carolina too. In the shallow water they go nuts:lol:

On 2/3/2020 at 6:59 PM, whaler1 said:

Saw that as well. Should be a wake up call for many. I remember taking my kids out of school to hunt and being told it wasn’t an excused absence. I told the school that maybe it should be. Sent my son to school the next day with venison snack sticks for his classmates and the teacher cried and told my son that hunting was cruel.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

One of my son's teachers invited me to come into the classroom and show the kids a turkey fan and explain how they communicated when I told her I was taking him out for turkey hunting.

Who is to blame if kids aren't interested in the outdoors? We can try and blame schools and technology etc but if we are going to be totally honest some of the blame has to put on us.

6 hours ago, pieman9155 said:

hunting license sale are down  . the dec said at meeting

I think people need to look more into loss of hinting property and the decline in the ability to live in the country due to job concentration in urban areas.

Farms where lots of people were given permission to hunt need to sell leases to smaller numbers of people to stay afloat. Downstate individuals have the capital to buy up land and post it where once people could have well paying jobs and live in the country.

I think loss of opportunity has a lot to do with it.

Maybe if you live in the cities, come on out to the country.... not just weekends... raise your family in the setting we as humans were designed for. Not concrete, iron and ashpault... my boys and most of their 5 to 10 yr old friends are all about the outdoors

Sent from my SM-J327V using Lake Ontario United mobile app