Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dgio67

Rock bass season

I was trying to look at DEC website to see if there was a season.  I read about a couple guys saying they were decent to eat.  Is there a size / limit / season?  Thanks,

No size limit. Fish for them anytime. The  limit is either 50 fish or no limit. Don't think you have to worry about catching to many. lol

I used to catch a lot of them in Blind Sodus Bay using perch minnows with a small bobber around docks. Good luck and have fun, hope you catch a bunch.

Thank you Sir.  Just wanted to try something different.  We catch a bunch on tubes so will let you know how they tastte.  Just need to get out.

I've had them many times you would be able to tell them apart from a bluegill especially from cold water

Sent from my XT1080 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

2 hours ago, Kevin J Legg said:

I’ve eaten many and they are just about like bluegill. Great fish for kids as they are very cooperative and bite on just about anything they can fit in their mouth.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Can give a heck of a fight too. Kinda scrappy!

• Like 1

Really good early in the year before the water warms.  They are firmer than perch but as summer gets heated they get a little bit mushy like crappie without the crappie taste.